I'm a 25yr old 6'2 tall complete beginner with low strength. My goal before getting Coach Sommer's book was to build some strength through bodyweight movements. I recently got the book and am trying to design a routine for myself.
I can't do the back lever, a single full pullup or dip. I can only manage about 12 pushups and 4 chin-ups so obviously I'm quite weak. It's hard to know where to start and how much to take on. Here's a first draft of my programme. All comments welcome please.
Static work
L-Sit tuck (6x10s)
Straddle L (6x10s)
Frog Stand (6x10s)
Wall Handstand (6x10s)
Tuesday
• static work
• push-ups (5x3 incline)
• chin-ups (5x3)
• jump squats
• shoulder dislocates & wall extensions
Thurs
• static work
• pull-ups (3x5 band-assisted)
• dips (3x5 negative)
• moutain climbers/ham raises
Sun
• static work
• rows-XR floor (5x3)
• pushups XR (5x3)
• squats
• shoulder dislocates & wall extensions
Does this look alright? Right now I really just want to be able to perform a full pullup and dip.
I have hypermobility in my wrists that causes pain. I need to use pushup bars for everything where they bear much weight (dips, handstand, frog stand etc) Is that o.k?