This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Los Angeles - Southern California

Started by Akenaton Flores, September 12, 2014 · 33 Replies · 3,539 Views

Akenaton Flores

Hello everyone, 

 

I would like to see if anyone knows of a gymnastic facility with lots of open gym time for training purposes in the Los Angeles area. Particularly the Valley. 

 

Also, if anyone is interested in starting a meet up in LA, I am more than game. There are several calisthenic parks to train and we always have Santa Monica to play at as well. 

 

Let me know, thanks. 

 

- Akenaton

Bret Kennedy

just wanted to bump this. I am also interested in info on this

bret

Ronin168

gymnastics olympica has open gym time

 

http://www.gymnasticsolympica.com/

 

it's in the valley.  I used to go there, but now I just work out at 24 hour fitness.

Ronin168

the open workout schedule is:

 

Open workouts:

Morning: Monday - Friday 11 AM - 2 PM

Evening: Monday - Thursday 7 PM - 10 PM 

$10 per workout

 

Blairbob

 That's a really good price for open gym.

Chris Robb

I live in Murrieta, CA. My email is robbct@gmail.com. Anyone live nearby and want to meet? I will do most of my work at Rock Fitness and at home. Let me know if you are nearby! Oh, and I am a beginner. Glad to meet you all!

JamesP

I live in Oceanside and typically train at home.. I'm definitely down to meet some GB-minded individuals albeit the drive may not be exactly practical to do every weekend lol.

TMGordon

Aloha Party People,

 

If there is anyone in the South Bay/Long Beach area that is available to meet up for workouts or knows of a solid gymnastics gym with in decent driving distance please feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

 

Happy training!

- Travis

travis.gordon0479@gmail.com

Ariston Collander

Bit of an old thread, but the best one referring to LA. I live near Pasadena and work in El Segundo. Would be great to find a group who meets in the evenings. I hit the gym at work most mornings but I'd love to find an evening or two to work on the fundamentals and moving into foundation. 

Prasan Samtani

I live in Alhambra, just south of Pasadena. Working through F1 at this point, happy to meet up sometime.

Nick Ebner

Hey All,

   One of my clients is now living around Venice/Santa Monica and is currently working on foundation 1/2. He's looking for a particular spot to train at. Potentially even take some classes. Suggestions?

Thanks in Advanced.

Suzanna McGee

@Nick Ebner,  I live in Venice too, but don't have any suggestions.. will follow this thread though :)

David Fisher

@Nick Ebner @Suzanna McGee muscle beach in Santa Monica (or the one in Venice) would be the best bet. Alternatively, there's the Los Angeles School of Gymnastics in Culver City and Broadway Gymnastics in Marina Del Rey if you'd like to go to an actual gym

Nick Ebner

@David Fisher - awesome and much appreciated. 

Randeep Walia

Gymnastics Olympica was an awesome and economical place to train adult gymnastics when I lived in Los Angeles. It's been a few years since but if they still have open gym I recommend checking it out. The only drawback is that it's in van Nuys which is a bit of a hike! 

David Belman

It's been a few years since I lived in LA, but at the time both LA School of gymnastics and AOGC had adult classes and/or open gym times.

Greyson Boerner

Does anyone happen to know a place mid East side LA?  I live in Los Feliz/Silverlake area.  Would anyone else like to join me in this part of town? 

Thanks!

Greyson 

G. Russell Reynolds

I'm a new member in Sherman Oaks in the Valley. I would love to meet up with an LA group!

Wesley Manson

I live in Mt. Washington, very close to Silverlake. There is a cool spot called Mats Gymnastics off the 101 at Vermont. It is the best place I have found for Open Gym, and cheapest. 

Luke Searra

How about you guys all get together and create  a GB meet up in the open gym time in one place regularly, and work on GST together. Two/Three/Four heads are all better than one.

Greyson Boerner

Great idea @Luke Searra!   @Wesley Manson lets coordinate something if you're into that idea.  Shoot me an email when you get a chance.  My email is greysonb@gmail.com.  Anyone else in this area, please reach out.  

Sergio Recatero

Hey there,

I live in Newport Beach and just got the Fundamentals and Foundation courses. Would like to know if someone is interested in training together or if there is a GB Meetup/FB group that I can join and learn from you guys.

Thank you :)

Tim Jordan

I teach yoga at a CrossFit studio in Valley Village, just by Studio City. I am pretty sure there are some open slots there we could train at. It's called Angelino CrossFit. 

Sara Haase

I'm just beginning Fundamentals, and am in the Orange County area in case anyone would ever like to meet up!        

SaraHaaseArt@gmail.com - hit me up if you don't mind working with a beginner!

David Buzzell

Started GST 2-3 months ago. I live in Downtown LA and my complex has a pretty decent gym, anyone in the area hit me up if you want to train together.