This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE1-IM Formcheck

Started by alexferm, September 8, 2014 · 9 Replies · 268 Views

alexferm
TANSTAAFL

Wow. Pleasantly surprised...that looks really good :). The lean might be a little too much even. I would decrease the lean and open the hands a bit to facilitate full ROM, then slowly (i.e. by micro cycle at the fastest) inch the hands in together. Tape on the stick help with small incremental moves.

Jeremy Huston

My understanding of full ROM is keeping the bar directly over your shoulders throughout the lean.  A side view should show your arms vertical.  As TANSTAAFL said, widen your grip enough to be able to reach this full ROM.

alexferm

Thank you for your thougts!

Will widen grip and work more on ROM.

alexferm

Hi again!

Tried wider grip, so: New video, is ROM ok?

alexferm

Just finished reading some other post and found some info about grip width, will in the future keep my hands closer. To work flexion, stress traps and make sure I don't rotate the shoulders instead.

TANSTAAFL
tex0413 said:

My understanding of full ROM is keeping the bar directly over your shoulders throughout the lean.  A side view should show your arms vertical.  As TANSTAAFL said, widen your grip enough to be able to reach this full ROM.

Yeah, I was just informed recently that this in incorrect for this iM. You should start with shoulder width, even with comprised ROM as shoulder flexion is the focus. Check here.

Destiny
TANSTAAFL said:

Yeah, I was just informed recently that this in incorrect for this iM. You should start with shoulder width, even with comprised ROM as shoulder flexion is the focus. Check here.

So start at goal hand width and just keep working on strength and rom?

 

been slacking on handstand one for a long time but I'm back to working on it

TANSTAAFL
Destiny said:

So start at goal hand width and just keep working on strength and rom?

Yeppers. Don't up the weight until you reach mastery with the weight you're on.

Jon Douglas

Be safe of course, but I've found I can be pretty ambitious with this one without feeling at all vulnerable. No problem using 20kg completely cold and then going straight into bridges even after a layoff, once you establish it initially :) used judiciously, heavier weight on occasion could be the change of stimulation you need :)