This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

The beautiful Kira

Started by Jennifer, September 7, 2014 · 38 Replies · 2,593 Views

texas_ed

Thanks for the video assessment tool - it's cut my swivel hips and skiers in half! I thought I had to do 10 on each side, not 10 total. :blush:

Keilani Gutierrez
texas_ed said:

Thanks for the video assessment tool - it's cut my swivel hips and skiers in half! I thought I had to do 10 on each side, not 10 total. :blush:

mo' mobility, mo' connective tissue success. :P not to be used as an excuse to lengthen the rest though. 

Javier

Great initiative! Please keep it going. The different angles and cues given in the videos are extremely helpful. It's something I found missing in the course videos. I know the purpose it not to overwhelm the neophytes with detailed instructions but I couldn't stop thinking since I started F1 that at least a couple of different angles could help a lot on some exercises. These assessment videos are perfect. 

~Atticus

Glad I saw this link. I get to see RC/PE1 from another angle. 

 

I think I'm going to try her set up and see how it goes. 

Charles Wright

While we are discussing, on the bent hollow body hold, her legs are at a much more upright angle and her feet are held higher.  This seems like an easier variation than the one in the original video.  Obviously there is a continuum here from a closed to open position.

 

I'm guessing that obtaining mastery at a "harder" variation (more open) will possibly give more carryover to the next progression, maybe allowing someone to test directly in the second block, whereas mastering the "easier" variation (more closed) will not.

 

Does this sound reasonable, or is the difference subtle enough not to matter?

Coach Sommer

When there is variation in performance, follow the original course video(s).

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

mcneuen

In the Hinge Row video in the course materials, the hands appear to be palms-forward at the start and facing each other at the top.  In the assessment video, this is reversed:  palms-facing at the start and palms-forward at the top.

 

Hand position isn't listed as a focus point in the course materials.  Does these positions matter for mastery?  (I obviously saw the link above from Coach to follow the course video in the event of a conflict.  I'm more asking if hand position is a matter of personal preference or is a detail to make sure we emulate.  I doubt that it's personal preference because, well, pretty much nothing in this program is a matter of preference.)

lnick1975

Where do I find the link to these videos?

The only way I can seem to find the link is to come

to this thread where Alan as placed the link.  I must be missing something...

Niklas03
lnick1975 said:

Where do I find the link to these videos?

The only way I can seem to find the link is to come

to this thread where Alan as placed the link.  I must be missing something...

It's in the introduction section of the Foundation Series.

lnick1975

Hey, thanks.

I thought i looked there...guess not.

Alexander Egebak

Just found out I have been counting too slow. Made my day.

texas_ed
Keilani Gutierrez said:

mo' mobility, mo' connective tissue success. :P not to be used as an excuse to lengthen the rest though. 

Keilani, I'm sure you're right, but 100 twisting air squats in a workout was killing me!

Keilani Gutierrez
texas_ed said:

Keilani, I'm sure you're right, but 100 twisting air squats in a workout was killing me!

imagine how i felt when i found it out was 10 skiers total and 5x15 deck squats. i hear ya loud and most definitely clear. jokes on us :P 

Tina Kinsley

I ended up pushing myself back to PE1 on a couple movements when I tested on the elements following the video. The cues on the video really helped me see where I was not set up properly. Thanks for putting it together, it's very helpful!