This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

The beautiful Kira

Started by Jennifer, September 7, 2014 · 38 Replies · 2,593 Views

Jennifer

is a stud. 

 

That is all.

Keilani Gutierrez

such a stud, the videos are lagging from all the used and abused bandwidth! :P #hastokeepreloading

LateStarter@46

Great to have the videos, thank you! Beautiful smile Kira, if that's part of mastery I've totally failed  :D

Murray Truelove

Would have been good to see the full 5 sets. I know my last set never looks as pretty as my first.

Is it me or are the stiff leg windmills totally different to the course?

Michael Taylor

Orench can count for me.

 

I make that 13 incline pushups :D

Ravn

Yeah, the counting wasn't really mastery level, was it? Other than, that good stuff...

Edoardo Cagnola

Damn, Orench calves are bigger than my arms :)

Jennifer

I do like that they are featuring more women.     I guess next, it would be encouraging to see a more mature demographic featured.

 

Edited to say:  I mean in the FB, etc.

texas_ed
Murray Truelove said:

Would have been good to see the full 5 sets. I know my last set never looks as pretty as my first.

Is it me or are the stiff leg windmills totally different to the course?

 

The stiff-leg windmills definitely look different to me.

 

Coach(es), what's the difference? How should we do ours?

Matthew Hanham
texas_ed said:

The stiff-leg windmills definitely look different to me.

 

Coach(es), what's the difference? How should we do ours?

 

Aside from the arm behind the back and she's marginally more flexible than the demonstrator in the course video, they look pretty much the same to me.

 

Where do you see differences?

Keilani Gutierrez
Matthew Hanham said:

Aside from the arm behind the back and she's marginally more flexible than the demonstrator in the course video, they look pretty much the same to me.

 

Where do you see differences?

exactly what i thought. hamstring mobility can be quickly seen by how much someone can hinge at the hip. hers was mastery +

Coach Sommer

The Windmill video is fine.  The hand behind the back is optimal.

 

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Murray Truelove

From course: he looks like he's facing the camera, feet shoulder width, active leg slightly turned out (almost like the starting position of a squat but with the foot turned out) and then descends, folding at the hips going between his legs, his hand equidistant from each leg at the bottom.

Assessment: looks like the triangle pose from yoga, her hips facing over her active leg (squared). She descends over the active leg (her hand slides down the active leg on the first rep), her hand almost next to her active foot at the bottom.

I don't mean to be controversial they just look different to me.

Matthew Hanham
Murray Truelove said:

From course: he looks like he's facing the camera, feet shoulder width, active leg slightly turned out (almost like the starting position of a squat but with the foot turned out) and then descends, folding at the hips going between his legs, his hand equidistant from each leg at the bottom.

Assessment: looks like the triangle pose from yoga, her hips facing over her active leg (squared). She descends over the active leg (her hand slides down the active leg on the first rep), her hand almost next to her active foot at the bottom.

I don't mean to be controversial they just look different to me.

If you compare the follow along from 1:26 with the start of the course video, the start position is more or less the same and the position relative to her feet that her supporting shoulder achieves at the bottom is more or less the same.  The only difference is really her additional thoracic extension with her hand behind her back which sounds like a useful refinement.

Alan Tseng

I've always had problems putting my palms on the floor while standing, and I've always felt it in my glutes.  Doing the windmill with hands behind my back stretches the exact same place where I feel it on my glute while doing a standing pike, when no other piriformis/glute stretches has ever gotten that region before.  I'll only be using the new windmill version from now on

Mats Trane

Well, I will not miss a Seminar in Denver again!

Btw, is that GB clothing available for men? I would be very proud to ware them.

Keegan

I am also not seeing the differences you are Murray. The only difference between the two videos that I see are:

Course video-athlete's lower arm reaches between his legs closer to the leg opposite to the side he is holding the weight on

Assessment video-athlete puts arm behind her back and brings shoulder towards the opposite leg

Keegan

I did notice that Kyra doesn't compress or round her back as much as the athlete in the course video during MN/PE1 though. If that form constitutes mastery, then I think I'm going to start going for mastery during the next cycle (been sticking with micro cycle 1 to try to maximize compression which for me is mostly due to lack of lumbar spine mobility when compared to the course video).

HamdiC

I always did the windmills like this: standing with my legs evenly straddled apart and reaching forward between them. In this new video, the first step is to turn and put one leg forward and then rotate and bend into it... haven't had a chance to try that out yet but I wonder how much of a difference it makes?  But yeah, for me right from the start when he said said "turn and put on leg forward" it seemed like something totally different to me (from what I saw in the course video).

Joseph Morris

I noticed that for sPL/PE1, Kira seems to be on the backs of her toes sort of like sPL/PE2. (I'm pretty new to all this, sorry if there are more accurate terms to use.) The course demonstrator has his toes like in a conventional pushup. Are both acceptable for mastery? 

skeeter

Unless I missed it, I assume they are coming out with more assessment videos for later PE/SE/iM...

 

Noah

Keilani Gutierrez
Joseph Morris said:

I noticed that for sPL/PE1, Kira seems to be on the backs of her toes sort of like sPL/PE2. (I'm pretty new to all this, sorry if there are more accurate terms to use.) The course demonstrator has his toes like in a conventional pushup. Are both acceptable for mastery?

after a while i gave it a go and sometimes do it with the toes pointed. no problem doing it, just know that you'll be expected to do it for planche leans :)

geting some time on your toes now, wouldnt be something frowned upon

NameLikeNoOther

Awesome, I was looking everywhere for this after the announcement but couldn't find it.  I think having more demonstrations of Mastery by different athletes of different body types and from different camera angles is helpful for everyone.  I picked up quite few cues from these demonstrations.

 

I have just finished my first Month and my body feels like it could use a whole month of deload :P

 

These videos will definitely help in my second cycle.  I think some Coaching would also be beneficial, are there any Coaches or Clubs in B.C.?

Matt.T
Murray Truelove said:

From course: he looks like he's facing the camera, feet shoulder width, active leg slightly turned out (almost like the starting position of a squat but with the foot turned out) and then descends, folding at the hips going between his legs, his hand equidistant from each leg at the bottom.

Assessment: looks like the triangle pose from yoga, her hips facing over her active leg (squared). She descends over the active leg (her hand slides down the active leg on the first rep), her hand almost next to her active foot at the bottom.

I don't mean to be controversial they just look different to me.

Yeh I felt the same, they seemed quite different. I think I actually like her's better though, I feel more of a stretch. I also find her's much more similar to the version that I see from most of the kettlebell material from the RKC/SFG groups, for those that are familiar.