I really, really, really, really (x102783027) want to stretch.
Any info on Stretch one?
Started by Awesssss, September 7, 2014 · 9 Replies · 2,911 Views
First off, here are some great GB forum posts on important issues around stretching and mobility:
The Mobility Forum: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/forum/26-mobility/
Frequency & Timing of Join Preparation/Flexibilty work:
The Gymnastic Bodies Youtube Page (a ton of fantastic videos and some useful information in the comments too): https://www.youtube.com/user/GymnasticBodies
A short but important post on Stretching vs Limbering: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/17400-stretching-vs-limbering-up/
Secondly, there are plenty of quality stretching resources to hold you over. Thomas Kurz, PNF Stretching, High-quality yoga teacher's, a personal training with a gymnastics background or speciality etc. You really should be stretching whilst doing foundation, even though S1 is not out yet.
Finally, while these will help you get started and progressing, I think it is important to focus prmiarily on S1 once it is released rather than another stretching modality, since it is exclusively designed in tandem with the rest of the GB curriculum.
Hope that helps,
Chris.
Currently only GB Seminar students are taught the GB Stretch series.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Hopefully it comes out this year. I'd love to see a proper, correct way to stretch. I had plateaued in my splits for literally years, and learning what to do better would be awesome.
More than that, I'm also curious about how the programming works. Are there progressions? How do you show mastery of a stretch to move on? Or is it completely different entirely? You can't treat stretching and mobility the same as strength, so that's why this fascinates me. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Or find a way to go to a seminar.
Coach, all the progressions are taught during GB seminar or do you open stretch one courses for GB seminar student?
Thank you
Matt
One of the specific Stretch One protocols is taught, in depth, to the seminar students.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Lucky them.
Can't wait as well ![]()
look forward to seeing all types of stretches I couldn't have even imagined
also when was the stretch one section added to the forum? I just noticed it
Sign me up for for the Stretch and Movement programs please. Take my money please ![]()
Destiny said:
also when was the stretch one section added to the forum? I just noticed it
You'll notice there are 0 posts, as with the movement forum. They are just placeholding for when the courses are eventually released.