left upper back tension, weakness or?
Started by Asker, September 7, 2014 · 5 Replies · 2,433 Views
So, any recommendation what happening in that area? How to explore what muscle make a problem?
What kind of pain is it? Is it a sharp pain, a dull-aching pain or a numb, pins and needles kind of pain? Also do u feel pain only when doing piked pushup? How do u feel during other exercises or during daily activities?
Minnie said:What kind of pain is it? Is it a sharp pain, a dull-aching pain or a numb, pins and needles kind of pain? Also do u feel pain only when doing piked pushup? How do u feel during other exercises or during daily activities?
It's more like dull-aching pain, and i feel it only in exercise like pike push ups and pike box ps in last 2-3 reps when push hard. I do some overhead press work in last few months but never feel this kind of pain and no pain at all in daily activities.
At least its not nerve problem. But it doesn't mean that the problem should be overlooked. Are u arching your back a lot when u push up? I remember when I was doing wall HSPU when I got to the last few reps I was really tired so I arched my back to get the reps done. As you can guess I had back pain as well but it went away completely after the workout.
Just keep an eye on your form when u do your pushup and see if the pain goes away. If u still feel pain maybe take some time off to let your body heal completely before starting again. If pain persists have it checked out by a sports physician or physiotherapist.
when i do push ups i pay attention on my lower back and focus to not create anterior pelvic tilt.