This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Formcheck FL/PE1 Bent Hollow Body Hold & FL/PE1-iM Cat-Cow

Started by Hanlim Lee, September 7, 2014 · 4 Replies · 174 Views

Hanlim Lee

#1 FL/PE1 Bent Hollow Body Hold

 

 

 

 

- How far should I keep my feet from my butt? .... does it matter? 

 

- Shall I focus on flattening my abs or literally making it HOLLOW tilting my pelvis?

 

- What should I do to mitigate shaking?  

 

 

#2 FL/PE1-iM Cat-Cow

 

 

 

-My range of motion is okay? I think the cat position is fine but not sure of cow position.

 

- In cow position, I slightly lean forward. Is it bad?  I don't know what causes this. 

 

-Is it right to drop my chest between my shoulders in cow position? 

Awesssss

In bent hollow body hold, first engage in PPT with rounded chest inwards, then lift up.

TANSTAAFL

For the iM is should be slowed a lot and nice and smooth. Remember this is your hollow PE rest as well, so take some time. Also you want to round more of the mid back as you are doing a lot in the upper.

 

For the PE, feet aren't a big concern here, whatever's comfortable. You want to actively be pressing your lower back into the floor, making sure it stays flat and in contact the whole time. You can also flatten your abs as per this post (lots of interesting stuff in there). As for the shaking, it should pass over time.

Hanlim Lee
Paulizdaman said:

In bent hollow body hold, first engage in PPT with rounded chest inwards, then lift up.

ah... I don't know what is PPT. Actually I'm still not used to abbreviation in GST. 

 

and could you explain more in detail?  you mean, lift up with my upper and lower body at the same time? 

 

 

TANSTAAFL said:

For the iM is should be slowed a lot and nice and smooth. Remember this is your hollow PE rest as well, so take some time. Also you want to round more of the mid back as you are doing a lot in the upper.

 

For the PE, feet aren't a big concern here, whatever's comfortable. You want to actively be pressing your lower back into the floor, making sure it stays flat and in contact the whole time. You can also flatten your abs as per this post (lots of interesting stuff in there). As for the shaking, it should pass over time.

 

first of all, thank you for your quick reply to most of my form check videos. ^^

 

I don't get i'm doing 'what' a lot in the upper. 

 

& you mean my degree of roundness in cat position is not enough? 

TANSTAAFL
Hanlim Lee said:

ah... I don't know what is PPT. Actually I'm still not used to abbreviation in GST. 

and could you explain more in detail?  you mean, lift up with my upper and lower body at the same time?

He means to start by flattening out your lower back/pressing it into the floor then lifting your shoulders up off the ground followed by the feet.

Hanlim Lee said:

first of all, thank you for your quick reply to most of my form check videos. ^^

I don't get i'm doing 'what' a lot in the upper.  

& you mean my degree of roundness in cat position is not enough?

I just mean you are doing it mostly in the upper back, not the thoracic (mid back). You want to switch that around to have it be more thoracic and less upper.