This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 progress

Started by Lee, September 2, 2014 · 5 Replies · 300 Views

Lee

Hi all,

Side lever Pe1 requires an arched back. My chest is able to lift off the ground like pic2 but not to the extent of arching like the third pic. Typical stiff 25 year old zombie. SLPe2 is even more demanding as it requires rocking.

SLPe3 and 4 only does back extensions which is manageable for me. Should I skip to PE3? Understanding that Foundation series targets on weaknesses, if I were to stick to PE1, how can I even create that extent of arch for 1 second?

Thanks!

federicoC

Honestly I didn't get your question (I don't see pics in your post, it might be my browser). If you are a typical Zombie, rather than skipping elements and moving forward (I think no way) you could benefit from looking at simplified SL progressions (see sticky discussion). I myself use what I called SL/PE0, which is identical to SL/PE1 except that your arms are pointing straight behind (see my log for a recent video).

Hope this helps.

Salivanth

The pics he's referring to I believe are the form pictures in the course itself. 
 

Jon Douglas

Skipping it because you are currently unable to do it correctly?

Rather, train it until you are capable.

Sven Ravnstag

Probably you need to stretch (quads, psoas, abs, shoulder flexion, and more) and also work on muscular activation in the posterior chain. I found it useful to use the cues in the arch body thread above while filming to see how changes in my perception of the movement lined up with reality.

Although there's likely a tightness component to your small ROM, if you're anything like me it's also at least 50% failure to really, really lock in and activate all the muscles involved. When beginning this exercise, don't do it thinking that eventually you'll be holding it for 5X60sec. That puts me right into efficiency mode. Find out what you can hold for 1sec, try to increase that, then move up time.