Manipulating sets and reps and stretching during off days questions

Started by Vytautas Pilkauskas, September 2, 2014 · 1 Replies · 1,466 Views

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hi guys,

 

For the last 10 months or so I've been doing basic strength routine which looks like this:

 

Warm up

Free handstand practice

 

3 sets of working towards bar Muscle Ups

3 sets of working towards HeSPU

3 sets of working towards L-Sit Dips

3 sets of working towards L-Sit Pull Ups

3 sets of working towards Pistol Squats with one leg completely straight

3 sets of jumping lunges, jumping squats, box jumps or sprints (changing this one from time to time)

 

Mon/Wed/Fri schedule. So after these 10 months from not being able to do any of these exercises I made it to 6 bar MUs (with a little kip), 6 box HeSPUs, 6 half L-Sit Dips (one leg straigth), 5 L-Sit Pull Ups, 5 full Pistol Squats. I didn't do specifically L-Sit to Manna progressions because I get quite a bit of load for my core from my strength training sessions I believe but I really want to start training for Manna now.

 

For stretching I've been training for side splits, standing ant sitting pike and straddle pike, bridge, shoulder dislocates, wrist flexibility.

 

I feel quite confused now because I started to doubt that 3 sets of up to 8 reps is enough to build really great strength. While I did get some good gains doing this type of training I feel that I could get more so what are other options to manipulate sets and reps? Or just throwing one extra day in would work well?

 

And would I benefit from doing extra stretching and joints mobility work during my days off training?

 

Thank you in advance