From 0 to acrobatic training?

Started by panzerswine, August 19, 2014 · 2 Replies · 2,125 Views

panzerswine

I was laid up for some time with severe hip pain due to prior injury. Over the last two months I've been slowly working on kettlebell swing to help with the hip and back and so far doing alright. I have been offered some training in acrobatics in two months time in which I need to get into the best shape possible going from what we'll call completely out of shape. I'm 6 ft tall and 178lbs.

 

I live in a small rural town, there's one little gym with machines. I'm not sure if they have free weights. There is no gymnastics school near by to use their equipment. All I currently have is a 25 lbs kettlebell and a doorframe pull up bar.  I don't have anything taller than a standard room to hang rings from.

 

What equipment would I need to build in order to do the foundations 1 and handstand material?

 

Should I be able to get into reasonable shape for beginner acrobatics in two months time?

 

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

for f1 you need floor, stall bar , high bar and rings plus some light weight for mobility.

to have a serious preparation of acrobatic movements it's better look for all foundations. 2 months it's not possible, strength and physical adaptations require more time.

panzerswine

Thanks. I know I won't be in top shape, just hoping to be in beginner shape.