I just started cossack squats, and I'm unclear as to whether I'm shooting for 5x10r PER SIDE, or is it 5x10r TOTAL?
Thanks!
Cam
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Cameron Williams (Suspect 001), August 15, 2014 · 9 Replies · 401 Views
I just started cossack squats, and I'm unclear as to whether I'm shooting for 5x10r PER SIDE, or is it 5x10r TOTAL?
Thanks!
Cam
Quick answer : it is 5x10r TOTAL.
Thanks tfeal!
That seems so easy.... BUT, the iM is a whole 'nother story ![]()
Cheers
Cam
tfeal, are you 100% sure about the number being the number of total reps? I thought that's what it was until I got to the week where it was 5 reps, and it seems kinda wrong because you'll end up doing 3 reps on one side and 2 on the other, so then I thought maybe it actually meant 5 reps per side. ![]()
Next week is my mastery week for this one, and I've been training this with a 5x10 (per leg) template in mind. It's starting to get a little bit brutal (150 squats with no rest it's no fun!) but SLS/PE3 calls for 10 reps for leg so even if I did too much on this element it'll just mean that I'll go easily through the next one.
10 total for mastery, but good for you if have worked it to 10 per leg. Quick search will tell you that you are not the only ones
.
From thread:
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10046-slspe2-and-pe3-reps/
"
- On those particular elements each leg worked counts as a single rep. Thus for Cossack Squats a set of 10r would be comprised of 5r performed for each leg.
- Note that it is not only the overall number of reps involved, but also that these are single leg variations with higher loads and higher levels of neuromuscular activation than the Deck Squats.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
"
Edstand I think I'll do the same thing. I did mastery with 5 reps / leg but I'm going to redo weeks 9-12 and shoot for 10 reps / leg for mastery, and as you say it will be good prep for the next element.
Janos Locsei said:tfeal, are you 100% sure about the number being the number of total reps? I thought that's what it was until I got to the week where it was 5 reps, and it seems kinda wrong because you'll end up doing 3 reps on one side and 2 on the other, so then I thought maybe it actually meant 5 reps per side.
Alternate which leg you start on each set.
Thanks guys. Now that I've seen it unequivocally confirmed that it's 10 reps total I'll just do that, and as you say alternative the starting leg when it's an odd number of reps.
I've just achieved mastery of cosack squats with 5x10 per side so I might keep going in this way. It sure can't hurt to get the extra miles on the legs and probably helps my work capacity - which is clearly lacking based on my upper body moves