Hey Everybody,
My wife is having trouble getting into an inverted hang position and I'm at a loss as to how to help. I have her doing 10 second static holds, which is a good starting point for her (that duration is fine once she is in position), but getting into position is often a problem. She usually gets up by kicking her legs up, hooking one foot around the strap and then pulling herself to vertical. The problem is that she ends up swinging like a crazed monkey at times. ![]()
I am thinking about having her GTG the hang and just throughout the day try and get into position. But I'm not sure what advice to give her that could help her learn this movement. Obviously her weight distribution is completely different then mine, so my initial advice to fall back, lift the legs, and keep the arms straight just doesn't work - as a top heavy male this is easy, but not so much for her.
I have tried a variety of approaches but thus far none have clicked for her. Any females out there have a perspective on this that would help, or anybody have any tips in general?
- Chris