Introduction RingMax

Started by RingMax, August 10, 2014 · 2 Replies · 1,821 Views

RingMax

Hi there GB-Community.

My name is Max, I am 20 years old and live in Munich (Germany) at the moment.

I read quite a few threads in this forum prior to signing up. The knowledge most of you guys share is great for someone like me, who just started with bodyweight/gymnastics training a few months ago.

I have no real sporting background. In 2012 I started lifting some Barbells and doing some compound exercises (e.g. Squats, Deadlifts, Benchpressing, Dips and Pull Ups), however I got some results. At some stage I got out of it, because I did not have a job and could not afford going to a gym anymore.

From the age of five I was quite chubby. In late 2012 I started incorporating sprinting into my routines and dropped a lot of body fat (and some muscle). Eversince then I am very aware of my nutrition (tracked calories at some stage).

Until February this year my main training consisted of running and doing some interval training. In March I decided to start this "bodyweight training thing".

I had a burning ambition to get into it and within one month I was able to do some wall assisted handstand push ups, diamond push ups and pull ups. In March I purchased a pair of rings and started doing ring dips. As time went by my form improved and I achieved more and more reps. In April I started doing some "mobility" drills and was amazed by the positive impact it had on my training.

Slowly but steadily I learned new "skills" like L-sits, strict ring muscle ups and tuck planches.

At the moment I am primarily working on my freestanding handstand.

I am considering to buy foundation, however I live on a small budget at the moment. But I guess it is worth it.

Looking forward to share my experiences with you guys. (I tried to start a workout log but I did not figure it out how to start one.)

Cheers

Max

 

 

Sensei JP

Welcome Max!

 

I, as well as just about every other regular member, will urge you to get Foundation as soon as possible.  I have been involved in martial arts virtually my entire life, doing all sorts of bodyweight conditioning and exercises, considered myself fairly strong ... and I was floored by the demands of F1.  It will address weakness and immobility that you didn't know you had, and then smash through them.

 

Until then, keep doing what you are doing.  It sounds like you are getting good results.  Focus on impeccable technique first and everything else will fall out from that.  Good luck on your journey. :D

Keilani Gutierrez

bienvenidos ^_^