Training with 6RM

Started by Dies Irae, August 9, 2014 · 5 Replies · 2,042 Views

Dies Irae

I have read here that doing 10 or more sets of 3 reps with your 6RM resting 1 min between sets is one of the best things to gain size.

 

I was just wondering, how long are you supposed to do this for? How many days a week? And after whatever period of time passes, what do you do then? Retest to find your new 6RM and start over?

Jon Douglas

What are you currently doing that is giving you insufficient hypertrophy?

Dies Irae

I wasn't really doing anything for hypertyrophy at the moment, I just wanted to try this out.

Alessandro Mainente

If you do not specify your goal how you suppose that we could help you?

Rayne-William
Dies Irae said:

I wasn't really doing anything for hypertyrophy at the moment, I just wanted to try this out.

Then try it out. I have never heard of training in such a manner.

 

Give it twelve weeks before you form your personal opinion on it.

Dies Irae
alex87 said:

If you do not specify your goal how you suppose that we could help you?

Did you read my first post?