This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder Dislocates aren't in F1!

Started by JonasTrainWill, August 7, 2014 · 26 Replies · 1,102 Views

JonasTrainWill

Im not so happy that mobility exercises like the Shoulder Dislocates that Coach Sommer clearly stated in that forum to be detrimental, arent included in the F1., which claims to be a "allround, from the bottom -up strengthening program. Are the exercises provided really enough, and if, why?

Same applies for the lower body: Here, Im concerned that the structural integrity of the lower body functioning system may NOT be provided or aimed to be improved. Why i do see it like that? Because theres only one lower body progression: the Single leg squat. Shouldnt there be an opposing movement, like a bodyweight hamstring curl? Or is it really enough? If yes, again, why?

Thanks,

Jonas

Daniel Burnham

Other shoulder prep is in handstand 1. Foundation series not just foundation one contains total leg development including many hamstring drills that will make you dread them.

Mats Trane

Dislocates and a whole brunch of other shoulder mobility are in H1

Hamstring exercises in F2

Mats Trane

Obviously I was wasn't fast enough :)

JonasTrainWill
Mats Trane said:

Dislocates and a whole brunch of other shoulder mobility are in H1

Hamstring exercises in F2

I see that this may be marketing, and I dont find that fair.

Why isnt the development of the other side of the leg provided in F1 already.

So, is it expected that you buy every single of the program for a couple hundreds of dollars? On my opinion, thats rip-off!

JonasTrainWill
The Hansenator said:

The hamstrings get worked pretty good in the side lever progression and in some of the mobility drills for single leg squat and manna and a little bit even in the front lever mobility.

Who says it that progressions towards gymnastic elements provide the complexity to strengthen the human body holistically as well as look atter structural integrity? ;)

Murray Truelove
JonasTrainWill said:

I see that this may be marketing, and I dont find that fair.

Why isnt the development of the other side of the leg provided in F1 already.

So, is it expected that you buy every single of the program for a couple hundreds of dollars? On my opinion, thats rip-off!

You can get your money back if you're dissatisfied.

As for a rip off - most gym memberships will run into the hundreds over a year and that's without the programming from a very experienced coach, personal trainers can be £40+ a session. There's also the forum that offers a lot of feedback and support.

As for hamstring development, as others have said there is plenty of development outside of SLS.

Daniel Burnham
JonasTrainWill said:

I see that this may be marketing, and I dont find that fair.

Why isnt the development of the other side of the leg provided in F1 already.

So, is it expected that you buy every single of the program for a couple hundreds of dollars? On my opinion, thats rip-off!

The development is well laid out. There are things you must be able to do in foundation one to move to foundation 2. So yes to keep development you must buy more than the first volume of the introductory series. This training is still a bargain in my opinion. It's basically several years of training for a few hundred bucks. There is noting nearly as complete as this anywhere else and it would take a lot of money and time to get all the information included from another source.

meras
JonasTrainWill said:

I see that this may be marketing, and I dont find that fair.

Why isnt the development of the other side of the leg provided in F1 already.

So, is it expected that you buy every single of the program for a couple hundreds of dollars? On my opinion, thats rip-off!

Well the program is a couple of hundred dollars and it's the cheapest most comprehensive program for it's goals. Having it into multiple pieces helps with buying in, because you don't have to spend all that money in one go. And yes, it's expensive but you're paying for quality and expertise.

The Hansenator
JonasTrainWill said:

I see that this may be marketing, and I dont find that fair.

Why isnt the development of the other side of the leg provided in F1 already.

So, is it expected that you buy every single of the program for a couple hundreds of dollars? On my opinion, thats rip-off!

In F1 you get lots of posterior chain work with the side lever progressions. In the mobility drills for manna, you also get hamstring work from windmills and Jefferson curls, also the bridging from the front lever mobility gives your glute/hams some work. Straddle planche mobility puts a lot of stress on the glute medius. All the single leg squat drills work your glutes and hamstring to some degree but SLS/SE1>iM makes my hamstrings scream.

Damon Amato

Having experienced guys like Daniel and Matz comment on technique is a huge value that shouldn't be ignored as well.

Daniel Burnham

Also I tend to find that people who are concerned about some exercise being excluded from the foundation program aren't actually following it or haven't given much time to training. Once you start to see the effects both subtle and obvious you will have more faith.

Micawberian

YGWYPF: You get what you pay for! :P

Alan Tseng

Hamstring exercises are in F1. SLS/PE1-3 iM's focuses on knee mobility first then you start building hamstring strength in SLS/PE4 and SLS/SE1 iM's. F2 SLS iM's continues building that hamstring strength. It's done like that not to steal your money but by having you focus on first thing first, which is knee mobility then hamstring strength second

Coach Sommer

Your complaints/comments are both inane and completely unfounded. Have you even bothered to read through the course? Your refund will be processed immediately.

Now we are both happy:

- You do not need to deal with a program which is clearly too sophisticated for you.

- I do not need to deal with your incoherent whining. Please go troll somewhere else.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

Mark Collins
JonasTrainWill said:

I see that this may be marketing, and I dont find that fair.

Why isnt the development of the other side of the leg provided in F1 already.

So, is it expected that you buy every single of the program for a couple hundreds of dollars? On my opinion, thats rip-off!

Seriously. You have no idea how valuable this program is. Stick with the program, buy H1 and in a couple of years you will realise that this program is not about marketing. Everything is laid out in order for a reason. It is hard to see it when you start, but the longer you do it the more you realise why. I am sure Coach could make a lot more money doing personal training sessions with gymnasts and lay people.

VegVeg
Coach Sommer said:

Your complaints/comments are both inane and completely unfounded. Have you even bothered to read thru the course? Your refund will be processed immediately.

Now we are both happy:

- You do not need to deal with a program which is clearly too sophisticated for you.

- I do not need to deal with your incoherent whining. Please go troll somewhere else.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Haha this is one of the best replies I've ever seen after years of dwelling the Internet.

Iguanus

Coach's response looks a lot like Ramit's responses. A few days ago, he just suggested me to cut loose a client insisted on not showing up to appointments.

 

"If you want other people to succeed, work with people wanting to and willing to put up the effort. Only then guidance will be useful."

Mark Collins

I am starting to understand why elite coaches only deal with elite athletes and not the general public. Let's hope Coach doesn't get annoyed to the point of not helping us average athletes.

Cole Dano

The GB curriculum needs to be viewed like a college curriculum.

 

Iin order to take Algebra 2 you needs to have completed and understood Algebra . In order to take Calculus one needs to have already done quite a lot of Algebra. 

 

Why because everything builds on itself. Without the background you're simply lost and wasting your time.

 

The GB courses are laid out in the same manner and for the same reasons.

 

It's not about marketing, it's about responsible educating.

Jeremy Huston
Cole Dano said:

The GB curriculum needs to be viewed like a college curriculum.

 

 

I disagree.  Unfortunately, it's more like Kindergarten.  Maybe F4 will get us through high school.

federicoC

Not considering anything else, I don't get what is the problem.

If you want to work on dislocates alongside with whatever, you can. I do - on a regular basis - and helped me a lot opening my shoulder girdle.

Sven Ravnstag
JonasTrainWill said:

I see that this may be marketing, and I dont find that fair.

Why isnt the development of the other side of the leg provided in F1 already.

So, is it expected that you buy every single of the program for a couple hundreds of dollars? On my opinion, thats rip-off!

How is selling different products for different types of exercise "marketing"?  It's marketing in the sense that creating any product and offering to other people to buy is marketing.   

Micawberian

It's made me laugh that you guys are still responding to Jonas...he doesn't have access to this forum anymore

Sven Ravnstag

Sometimes you've just got to pontificate a little. What can I say?