This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL/SE 2 but going on with iM of SE1

Started by William, July 31, 2014 · 35 Replies · 1,107 Views

William
LateStarter@46 said:

OK, if you give one of your adv.frog stand :-) [and you'll have to wait until Monday]

Fair enough, i will try on Saturday ;)

William

here we go: 

awdqrozy.jpg

William

First thing i see is that i could lift my lower legs a lil bit more, but thats easy, i did this before, is this even important?

And maybe hips a lil bit lower, but the guy in the video has his hip also higher as shoulder joint, so?

LateStarter@46

I was thinking about the SE1 iM strength training exercise I do, and rather than standing up it makes more sense to be prone - like so:

 

 

 

password: holdit

 

Hold for 15s, gradually increase weight etc.

 

Nice adv.frog stand - I have started to try this and am finding a well-filled laundry basket in front of me very useful  :D

William
LateStarter@46 said:

I was thinking about the SE1 iM strength training exercise I do, and rather than standing up it makes more sense to be prone - like so:

 

 

 

password: holdit

 

Hold for 15s, gradually increase weight etc.

 

Nice adv.frog stand - I have started to try this and am finding a well-filled laundry basket in front of me very useful  :D

Ah totally different to what i was thinking you do! Looks pretty logical to do it this way, good idea. I just dont have these weights, i just have small dumbbells with 10kg.

But maybe i can find a substitute! Thanks for inspiration 

 

As i did it with hands on the floor i was falling over sometimes too, because my wrists aren't flexible, so i had to be just on fingertips, but thats way to hard for joints right now.

But with my small parallettes i feel very safe even after just 2 sessions with them, so give it a shot, i also feel my lower arms and hand muscles working hard, that feels good!

William

Just wanted to update this...while i was abroad 3 month i couldnt train at all due to work on construction area ~10 hours a day, anyway...i had the same problem with the Spl Se 1-iM of course, could not get into it, no chance...

 

But summer came back so i can train outside on this iM and i'm working out on a steel playground for "ghetto training" :D and there i'm using parallel bars for the iM, i start in support hold and then swing forth n back 2-3 times and swing in the bent arm hold and i'm very close to stop the negative swing, so i will stick to it at least one more month and hope it works.

It's still pretty tough so, costs a lot of energy after FL exercise on the bar, but as long as it is that hard its bringing progress and it s fun too!

sjo

Still not sure exactly how to use a band to scale the sPL SE1 iM.  Does anyone have a picture of how to place the band?

LateStarter@46

I don't have a picture right now, but thread a bar through the band and put the bar on the squat rack at a height that allows the band to be off the floor and to support your weight when you lie on it. Then thread yourself through the band and position it round your front  hip spines. Lower yourself down and back so that the band is vertical and directly below the bar. Then start the iM with hands at hip level and lifting your body upwards. As you get stronger, change to a less supportive band etc until you can do without bands.

Make sure that bar is not going to move anywhere too.

 

Found a video from a year ago (hardly recognised myself with all that hair :P ).

 

 

password: babahsph

sjo

Awesome!  You rock :D

LateStarter@46

Ha ha, you are kind  :)

 

A cautionary tale though - I went too fast in the beginning, developed shoulder pain, and had to restart. I am currently rebuilding towards the sPL SE iMs with band-assisted PPPs with hands at the hips. So I would recommend that people make progress that is solid and slow enough  :)

 

Best wishes with your training.

sjo
LateStarter@46 said:

Ha ha, you are kind  :)

 

A cautionary tale though - I went too fast in the beginning, developed shoulder pain, and had to restart. I am currently rebuilding towards the sPL SE iMs with band-assisted PPPs with hands at the hips. So I would recommend that people make progress that is solid and slow enough  :)

 

Best wishes with your training.

All Noted.  So far the shoulders have been feeling fantastic!  Don't want to mess it up.  I think I will hold off on this iM for a bit - maybe just revisit it during play time.  I'm sure I can use the time to improve my PPPs. Thanks!