This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

whats your weight for HBP PE2> IM ?

Started by MrPuppeh, July 31, 2014 · 5 Replies · 254 Views

MrPuppeh

I know that 5-10lbs ir recommended but I feel its a good shoulder exercise. 

 

Im 220-225 lbs (100-102kg)  bodyweight and I want to amster the IM with 10% BW (22lbs/10kg) 

 

Is this a good idea ? Im using a 6kg (13lbs) dumbell atm and it is very hard at the last set. 

 

Any ideas ?

 

Another important question - How should this and other mobility exercise feel? Should I feel the burn, struggling etc etc. or is it better to avoid such things ? 

Eric Baum
MrPuppeh said:

I know that 5-10lbs ir recommended but I feel its a good shoulder exercise. 

 

Im 220-225 lbs (100-102kg)  bodyweight and I want to amster the IM with 10% BW (22lbs/10kg) 

 

Is this a good idea ? Im using a 6kg (13lbs) dumbell atm and it is very hard at the last set. 

 

Any ideas ?

 

Another important question - How should this and other mobility exercise feel? Should I feel the burn, struggling etc etc. or is it better to avoid such things ? 

I used 4kg when I mastered it. I'll try to improve it a bit over time.

Niklas03

Coach answered this one a while back saying that we should be very careful with the form and not be too concerned with the weight in the beginning. As usual, make sure you lock in form, because the slightest deviation in this movement makes a big difference.

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10953-xiaopeng-and-stiff-leg-windmill-weight/?hl=xiaopeng#entry106279

 

More recently he stated that mobility should not be treated the same as conditioning. Also, the same reads in the course info in every mobility description. So maybe lighten the load for now, master the PE and IM and keep improving the IM in future warmups and prehab sessions.

MrPuppeh
Niklas03 said:

Coach answered this one a while back saying that we should be very careful with the form and not be too concerned with the weight in the beginning. As usual, make sure you lock in form, because the slightest deviation in this movement makes a big difference.

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10953-xiaopeng-and-stiff-leg-windmill-weight/?hl=xiaopeng#entry106279

 

More recently he stated that mobility should not be treated the same as conditioning. Also, the same reads in the course info in every mobility description. So maybe lighten the load for now, master the PE and IM and keep improving the IM in future warmups and prehab sessions.

Thank you !!

 

But can you tell me more about these prehab sessions?

Alessandro Mainente

are important both weight and the level of upper body rotation, imagine to do the exercise side to the wall, how much can you twist your body in order to not rub the hand on the wall and perform the movement slowly and fluid?

think about it and apply the same concept, big weight with a lot of counter balance are effective but not as big weight and approximately zero rotation.

Jon Douglas

10kg is a good target, but it will take a while to get with perfect form :)

Master it with some 3-5 kg and warmup with em. Maybe try steady state cycles. Remember its not the weight you're using, its the weight you're using at ( straight) arms length with no momentum and adding a torso twist to squeeze max ROM out of your shoulder :)