Foundation: rings or bars?

Started by Edoardo Cagnola, July 29, 2014 · 2 Replies · 2,078 Views

Edoardo Cagnola

I'm gonna start with the Foundation series (and Hanstand) when I get back from vacation. I don't have the program yet, but I assume that pull ups, dips and other hanging work will be part of it. My question is: does all that work must be done on the rings or on bars? Because I've not managed to find a good place where to train (all the gymnastic centers that I know are just open for courses and not random people just doin their own stuff) and my college gym just owns bars (parallels and chin up bar) and something like trx (that can be used for doing push-ups, rows and even dips maybe), apart from free weights and fancy machines. I hope to find somewhere else better where to train ASAP, but are things that I have available enough? Thanks

Ps: I could buy rings and hang them from the pull up bar, but I'm 6'4 tall and the bar is not really high, so that would not be any close to an ideal situation for me..

Rayne-William

You will need access to the following: a set of stall bars or something similar, a set of rings, one pull up bar, parallel bars or something similar.

 

When you gain access to the course related forums look for the frequently asked threads for equipment substitutes.

Ben Lawlis

I'm also 6'4" and just starting on F1. For rings, I use a normal set of rings but they are hung from a portable pull up bar in a doorway. This way I can simply set them up for the workout and remove them afterwards. I will be getting a proper setup at some point, but since the first major exercises on rings don't require much height this has worked fine for me.