Prospect.

Started by f_montgomery, July 28, 2014 · 2 Replies · 1,491 Views

f_montgomery

GB forum,

After hearing Coach Sommer on Robb Wolf's podcast, I had to look around.

I'm pretty dedicated to a minimalist kettlebell routine (swings and bent presses) but am curious if I could work in some of the basic basics that you use here to keep my joints healthy.

Do I need foundation 1?

Can I still train with KB's?

Thanks.

f_montgomery

Lemme add:

I know this is serving two masters, but I'd like to progress my KB lifts as well as cultivate some gymnastic skills and the physical integrity that comes with them.

What I'm really trying to figure out is if foundation 1 is compatible with my other training.

Thanks again.

Murray Truelove

F1 contains progressions to master seven gymnastic strength moves:

Manna

Front lever

Straddle planche

Side lever

Single leg squat

Rope climb

Hollow back press

There are dozens of progressions for each element, which are paired with a mobility exercise.

The foundation series is designed as a prerequisite for more advanced training; rings, handstand, movement and Hungarian.

Most people find it hard to incorporate additional strength training, at least in the beginning, as foundation work is quite taxing, though there are some people here doing crossfit, kettle bell and weight lifting as well.

I think the foundation comes with a money back guarantee so you could always try it and see.