Hello there,
I am 16 years old and I am 170 cm (5' 7) and weight 66 kg (146 lb). I have been looking around here for about 5 months now, although not very thoroughly.
I have never been very athletic at anything, I was a rather shy, quiet kid when I was younger. About 16 months ago was when I decided to start working out and improve myself (inspired by street workout athletes), although I had no guidance.
Just about 9 months ago, I took an interest in gymnastics and then I came across this forum. All I have to work with is a homemade pull-up bar, chairs, and the floor. I admire the rings-specialists and dream of becoming an elite-level gymnast someday, unfortunately I didn't start as a kid. Maybe if I just dream- er, work hard enough... ![]()
Only until 3 months ago have I begun to organize my training and take it more seriously. I always feel that what the work I've done is never enough so I have quite a tendency to overtrain. I have never had any serious injuries, just roadblocks from lots of soreness and muscular fatigue. Oh I just wish I had the physical capacity and time to train all day, everyday.
My routine has evolved over the 3 month period from doing things too early and... well... pretty much consistant overtraining. It consists of a straight-arm day and a bent-arm day for 6 days every week. I plan to increase bent-arm sets by 1 every 3 weeks and straight-arm sets when I feel absolutely no challenge from them.
Here is the current routine I made and have been following for about 3 weeks now:
Straight-arm days (90 sec rest each set)
-3x20s Advanced L-sit
-3x20s Tuck Planche
-3x25s Tuck Lever
-3x4 Skin-the-cats
-3x30s HS Holds (chest to wall)
Bent-arm days (30 sec rest each set)
-4x5 Slow, Hollow Pull-ups
-4x8 PPP
-4x12 V-situps (not sure if this is the name, also I don't really know what other exercises to do so I do this)
-4x10 HeSPU (feet on platform, body in L-shape)
-4x8 Jumps (trying to jump as high as I can)
The reason 2 of the bent-arm exercises aren't actually directly working bent-arm is because I don't know any other good or recommended bent-arm exercises to do for my current level.
Throughout the day (yay summer time), I also workout with various other exercises of lower intensity to prevent myself from overtraining again.
My questions are:
-Is it ok to train towards Planche, Front Lever, and Back Lever at the same time? I have only begun working on the Back Lever very recently.
-Can anyone recommend other straight-arm and bent-arm exercises for my level?
-I plan to move on to Advanced Tuck variations when I get 5x30s, is this alright? Or am I just wasting my time?
I apologize for the long post and thank you for those who read through it.