This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Please share your RC PE6 tips with me :(

Started by VegVeg, July 21, 2014 · 25 Replies · 872 Views

VegVeg

Hello, I did a forum search and couldn't find anything solid , I hope some of you could help me.

 

 

Well, RC PE6, been stuck there for too long.

Can't get past 40 sec for sets, been actually regressing lately, I tried resting, I tried going back to earlier PE, I tried adding volume, but nothing happens really.

 

I don't quite know really what to focus on.

 

How do your grip the bar?

How do you place the fingers on the bar? 

Arched or hollow position ?

Try to depress and retract the scapula or just try to hold the static?

 

Also I've got scoliosis so my right side of the body feels most of the load, and I am helpless in trying to correct my alignment doing this PE because of the weird curve of my spine...

 

perhaps I should sattle for 40x5 sets with 1 minute rests?? :(

 

Any tips would delight my soul, thanks.

Mark Collins

How long have you been on RC6?

VegVeg

6 months on

2 months off

entering the 3rd month of retrying it...And today after the deload week I feel weaker than before .

 

 

Also I am not feeling all these "amazing strength gains" in the pulling section,as some guys here are reporting 

Rayne-William

Hands Position: Undergrip

Finger Positon: Wrap your thumb around the bar

 

Body Position: Hollow with your lats flexed and your elbows pulled as far back as you can.

Scapula Position: Depressed and retracted

 

You will feel the muscle burn in your rhomboids, middle trapezius, biceps, and lats. Your body is at it's, muscular endurance, limit when you feel yourself lowering rather than when the muscle starts to "burn."

 

Tips: Get into the position and do your best to stay still. Don't get discouraged over your lack of progress, your body is developing additional strength. A smaller diameter bar requires less grip strength.

 

 

Trust me, this exercise can be more difficult.

 

 

Just for the sake of information. Muscular endurance is the ability to hold a specific muscular contraction for a specific amount of time. When the body starts to lowering despite the will to stay, your muscles are at their endurance limit. Muscular strength involves the ability to contract a muscle and or a group of muscles.

Mark Collins
VegVeg said:

6 months on

2 months off

entering the 3rd month of retrying it...And today after the deload week I feel weaker than before .

 

 

Also I am not feeling all these "amazing strength gains" in the pulling section,as some guys here are reporting

That's not long considering you had 2 months off. A lot of guys have been on some exercises 12+ months for some exercises. Sometimes the progress is not in time under tension but in quality and/or adaptation of the elbow joint. If you find you are weaker after a deload you could try doing less sets but the same time during the deload week. For some reason I find this helps with RC.

ausswe

Feeling your pain with RC pe6. For me it is all over the place... So,e weeks I've managed to get 4x48 then I some how regress back to 4x36. Have been on it for 6 months starting at 4x24 I seem to always get to 4x48 and then regress..... So I have decided I am just going to do repeat 5x36 over and over until it is cake then try move up. Have tried basically everything else it feels. I have tested mastery for most of RC in f2 and passed just to see if I could so I'm not sure why I struggle with this one so much... Maybe because it is the last exercise and im tired by the time I get there.

Jon Douglas

Put on music. Accept that the sooner you embrace and wait out the suck the sooner you body will raise the 'panic threshold.' Swear uncontrollably if it makes you feel better :)

Simplicity itself, this exercise. Its on you to just stay up there :)

Murray Truelove

Pretend the floor is lava?

thecolin
Murray Truelove said:

Pretend the floor is lava?

Or keep a rabid animal in the room, that should keep you off the floor.  :P

Gillham

I agree with hollow body and no swinging.    Drive the elbows down and back the whole time. Flex your becipe to close the gep between your wrist and shoulder (this could be hard if your triceps are inflexible)  Also this is gonna be a bitch on your grip if you are overweight.

VegVeg

Thanks a lot for the replies !
 

I think I never focused on trying to pull my elbows as far as far back as I can, I'll try.

 

Also I'll try adding a few minutes of 'quality hang' time to each workout, and imagening the floor is lava :(

dritar

Hang in there buddy :).

Mark Balsom
GoldenEagle said:

 

 

You will feel the muscle burn in your rhomboids, middle trapezius, biceps, and lats. Your body is at it's strength limit when you feel yourself lowering rather than when the muscle starts to "burn."

 

Probably the best remark as to succeeding RC PE6…. That WTF feeling when you stubbornly decide you're not going down before the 60sec count and that despite your full focus, your arms and shoulders decide otherwise.

ausswe

Grunting and screaming loudly has helped a lot with staying up even when my mind gives up. Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to stay up there when my muscles give up as well.... They just start to slowly lose control and lower even when I tell them not to.... Stupid things don't realise I'm trying to make them stronger!

LateStarter@46

Relax. Notice how the model swings slightly at the beginning. Try to focus on that feeling of ease for as long as you can.

Sisyphus

What helped me get the last 10s of each set of 60 in the end was pure mental distraction - I set the radio to a predominantly talk based station (BBC radio 4) and just repeated whatever was said by whoever was rambling on at the time. A trick I learnt doing 10k interval sessions with audiobooks. 

Adriano Augusto

GymmasticsBodies Best Mental Distractions to Overcome Foundation 1 Mastery's since 2013.

Jon Douglas

Remind yourself that you'll have to keep repeating it if you can't hold on for 60 :D

In the end, thats simply what got me to stick it out. And afterwards, of course, its no big deal :)

Alan Tseng
Adriano Augusto said:

GymmasticsBodies Best Mental Distractions to Overcome Foundation 1 Mastery's since 2013.

Maybe that's one of the specialty courses coming soon

LateStarter@46

So...

1-10s avoid dropping into sea of molten lava

11-20s avoid falling off into pack of hungry wolverines

21-30s avoid falling off cliff into midst of circling sharks

31-40s pretend you are a radio commentator, talking about sticky situations

41-50s sing the BananaSplits theme song ;-)

51-60s shout one swear word per sec

thecolin
LateStarter@46 said:

51-60s shout one swear word per sec

 

This is a good one!  :)

Jon Douglas

Banana Splits theme song for 60*5 over here.

My housemates 'loved' it.

Nautique163
LateStarter@46 said:

Relax. Notice how the model swings slightly at the beginning. Try to focus on that feeling of ease for as long as you can.

I agree with this,

I'm only on rcpe3 but I played with pe6 and I passed 5*60 after playing with it a little . I just hang and only use as much strength as needed to keep chin just above the bar in the first few sets . Then the later set feel like max effort but the first few it's all about saving your energy, and BREATHE !

Also I suggest that you do it with two or more other people at the same time . Something about the competition that will make you not quit .