Finding the gold (separating the wheat from the chaff)

Started by MT Nordic, July 12, 2014 · 4 Replies · 1,799 Views

MT Nordic

Hi all,

I have now been here for exactly a year now (July 17th). I have enjoyed all the learning on this forum that you all have provided, and I have wondered how to get the most from all the past information that is stored and hard to find in old threads. Certainly it's easy if you are looking for information on a specific topic, just use the search function and lots of great stuff comes up. But there is so much hidden nuggets here! I wish there were an easy way to index/catalog this stuff. What i've found so far is the following, but it's time intensive and inefficient: searching for all posts under a person's name has yielded some goodies. Naterman, Coach Sommer, Handbalancer. These seem to be the names that stand out as true masters in their area of expertise and they have multiple posts with a lot of knowledge to be mined. If anyone has any other mechanisms for finding this stuff I'd love to hear them. It would sure be nice if there were a way to consolidate all the great information into a wiki of some sort for ease of access and organization. Thoughts?

MT Nordic

bump....

Ben Lawlis

I agree. I've only just started F1 in the past two months, and love the information in the forums. However, I'd really appreciate a way to find relevant info to whatever exercise I'm working on without having to search, refine and read 10 different posts. The forums work really well when a topic is popular or new, but I'm sure there's a tonne of info that I'm not getting because it's buried deep in a sub-forum.

TANSTAAFL

Come on, you mean everyone doesn't have the time sift through every forum of interest in all categories of life to build up a 3 gig Evernote library. Jeez, what's the world coming to.

meras

In addidion to the forum's search, I often use google by adding site:gymnasticbodies.com/forum as a search term to look for info in the non-course forums.