I'm not a noob
when it comes to rings even though I have only been on them since October 08, but something is intriguing me... I read something in the book about "overload, load and underload", and how it relates to training and rest. I have been pushing myself hard over the past few months but at the same time is really rare for me to be sore the next day or feel really tired which in turn makes me workout harder. After reading about steady state I decided to take things easier, I have increased the amount of work on my routines little by little, however, I think I have been increasing too much because lately I have been unable to replicate the same output all throughout the week. I changed intensity a little bit due to the fact that during the past months I was setting up the rings at a narrow distance from each other (because I didn't know any better). About 2 months ago I corrected that issue, and now they're set up the right distance of 50cm (or 19 inches), that of course made everything harder :!: and my Bulgarian dips went from 20 in a row to 4 :oops:. I will generally do my Monday and Tuesday routine flawlessly, however, when it comes time for Thursday (repeat Monday's routine) and Friday (repeat Tuesday routine) I'm spent and can only do about 60% of the routine or less. This problem started about 2 weeks ago, so I think is just the fatigue catching up to me. In case you're wondering what my current routine consist of here it is:
Monday: Bulgarian dips (3X5), Archer pushups (3X5 each arm), Pseudo planche pushups (3X5), Wall Maltese (60sec total), Wall headstand (2min total).
Tuesday: One arm chinups 3X3 (5sec top and bottom hold each arm), L-sit Bulgarians pullups (30 total), Straight body raises (3X3), Bulgarian rows (3X10), Muscle ups 3X5 (kipping).
Wednesday: Back level advanced tuck (1min total), Front level advanced tuck (1min total), Manna middle split horizontal hold "on the floor" (30 sec total)
Thursday: Repeat Monday's
Friday: Repeat Tuesday's
Though it might not seem much to the people here, keep in mind that I have been doing rings for about 7 months now and out of those only the last 4 count as "serious training". I don't know if this has been real good progress and I'm really pushing it, or maybe I should revamp my routine a little. Do you guys think I'm overtraining?