This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New Coach Sommer Interview - July 1, 2014

Started by mcneuen, July 1, 2014 · 34 Replies · 2,267 Views

LateStarter@46

Would it be possible for someone to make a quick summary of what Coach said? (Due to absence of subtitles) I, and I think a few others, would really appreciate this.

Jennifer

I can work on a quick transcript today if you don't mind me editing out all the "erm"  "aahhs" and the non instructive interruptions.

LateStarter@46 said:

Would it be possible for someone to make a quick summary of what Coach said? (Due to absence of subtitles) I, and I think a few others, would really appreciate this.

meras

that'd be community service

LateStarter@46

That would indeed, thank you very much Jennifer  :)

mcneuen

Not to discourage your kind offer, Jennifer, but the Robb Wolf website puts up transcripts of their podcasts, usually a week or two after it airs. Based on past history, this one should be up v soon.

Jonathan Horowitz
Cory Fair said:

Overall, students tend to dawdle during a workout more than they realize. The 20 minutes isn't an absolute but if you've setup properly beforehand, know what you're doing and work hard without making that 30 second rest a 3 minute one it'll be a relatively brief affair.

 

My workouts were consistently taking over an hour (4 days a week, alternating {FL,sPL,HBP,RC} and {HS,SL,MN,SLS}) when I stopped back in May due to mental burnout and knee pain. I have no problem repeating microcycles, I always err on the side of doing a cycle "too well" as opposed to trying to rush. Do you recommend I go back to a point where I can compress my rest periods to keep my whole workout under 20 min? 

Riku Calderón
Jonathan Horowitz said:

My workouts were consistently taking over an hour (4 days a week, alternating {FL,sPL,HBP,RC} and {HS,SL,MN,SLS}) when I stopped back in May due to mental burnout and knee pain. I have no problem repeating microcycles, I always err on the side of doing a cycle "too well" as opposed to trying to rush. Do you recommend I go back to a point where I can compress my rest periods to keep my whole workout under 20 min?

Dont.

Cory Fair
Riku Calderón said:

Dont.

 

Agreed with Riku. My statement was about not wasting time not rushing for the sake of rushing. If a rep is not acceptable you do not pass go and collect $200 until either it is correct or time to shut the exercise down. 

IcedDante

Speaking of podcasts- can someone direct me to the link for the Gymnastic Bodies Q&A session from a few weeks ago?

gohei_
IcedDante said:

Speaking of podcasts- can someone direct me to the link for the Gymnastic Bodies Q&A session from a few weeks ago?

The Q&A can be found on the course homepage.