New member

Started by Josh Vogel, June 30, 2014 · 4 Replies · 1,825 Views

Josh Vogel

Hello everyone,

 

 I've been lurking on the forums for a couple of years, and enjoying the excellent conversation/information shared. Thanks for the excellent resource! 

 

 My name is Josh Vogel, I'm a Brazilian Jiujitsu instructor in Philadelphia, PA. I've been training Bjj since December of 2003 and over the last 3 years or so have become really interested in Gymnastic style strength training. I picked up Coach Sommers book (which I really enjoyed) and have been doing Foundation one and Handstand one on and off for a year. I started getting more consistent with the courses a few months ago and have been seeing some excellent benefits in my grappling, and general movement abilities. I look forward to continuing and making the slow and steady progress! 

 

  Thanks!

Alvaro

Welcome!

fazool

Welcome. I hope you continue to find both progress and success in the courses. For me, the past nine months has shown various levels of progress depending upon both the element and the IM. I have noticed an increase in mobility as well as improvement in the ROM in the shoulder girdle. A pleasant by product of the course is the gradual change in body composition and the compliments associated as a result of all the hard work. If I can offer anything, it would be to encourage you to stay the course and use the valuable information from the very talented and knowledgeable people of this forum.

Josh Vogel

Thanks for the kind welcomes!

Josh Vogel

Fazool, thanks! I'm hooked! Looking forward to staying consistent with it this time. I think that besides the physical benefits of following this program, it's going to teach me a lot about patience, building things up step by step in an incremental way and also how the end products break down into all of these drills and exercises. All very valuable lessons that I think I can apply to teaching Jiujitsu