Has anyone completed foundation yet?:)

Started by hype, June 25, 2014 · 31 Replies · 9,651 Views

hype

Title says it all!

Just curious if anyone has completed the course?

And if yes, how many time did it take?:)

meras

There's just not enough time for someone to do the whole thing from the beginning without comming from some kind of bw/gymnastics background. Might be a different story for long term seminaar atendees though. 

Daniel Burnham

No one is able to complete all of the elements yet except for coach's athletes. Several are able to do the final elements but lack some of the lower elements and are going back to gain mastery on them.

Jukkaboy

Coach says it'll take about 2 years for someone to complete. I'm pretty sure thats for the lucky/extremely hardworking ones though. Me and my 6,3 feet sure won't do it in 2 years:P

DiTi

i can do all the exercises except manna and i think im a bit tall and heavy to be able to hold it :(

Alessandro Mainente

With coach's standard I've completed rc, and probably I could do hbp in few months,when I'll finish f3.

MrPuppeh

I too am curious about how are people doing :)

wheezer

...or die trying.

Daniel Burnham
alex87 said:

With coach's standard I've completed rc, and probably I could do hbp in few months,when I'll finish f3.

Rc was easiest for me. Now I am unable to do the later iM's while my shoulder heals.

Alessandro Mainente

yeah I understand, you will do it again. I had very very very strength difference from left arms to right. now it's fixed! keep rehabbing!!

MrPuppeh

Im suprised by this info to be honest, I thought that by now a fair amount of people have completed the Foundation series. Stop slacking!  :P

Bro'

So far, the most advanced athletes that I know of have suffered setbacks. Daniel has had his labrum surgery and Alex keeps getting injured out of bad luck. Another strong guy here is Joshua Soclum but I don't know exactly where he is at when it comes to Foundation. Right now, I think our best bet is Jon but I may be forgetting other members and some might just not report on their progress too much.

Jon Douglas

I'm several solid steps below that group. SLS is the only one I've completely finished.

SL (2nd last) and RC (third last) shouldn't be TOO far away. Mn I am onto manna SE's, so it takes as long as it takes and I'm not goin to try to predict it :)

Alan Tseng
Jon Douglas said:

I'm several solid steps below that group. SLS is the only one I've completely finished.

SL (2nd last) and RC (third last) shouldn't be TOO far away. Mn I am onto manna SE's, so it takes as long as it takes and I'm not goin to try to predict it :)

At this point what's your biggest obstacle in finishing Foundation?  Mobility?  Strength? Work Capacity?

Jon Douglas
alan tseng said:

At this point what's your biggest obstacle in finishing Foundation?  Mobility?  Strength? Work Capacity?

Work capacity, I guess. Adding reps/time at this stage is hard to rush and the masteries are brutal. Second is strength, because obviously I'm not performing the hardest elements. Mobility isn't a struggle for me, for whatever reason.

Alan Tseng
Jon Douglas said:

Work capacity, I guess. Adding reps/time at this stage is hard to rush and the masteries are brutal. Second is strength, because obviously I'm not performing the hardest elements. Mobility isn't a struggle for me, for whatever reason.

thats scary lol, considering my biggest problem in F1 is also work capacity

LateStarter@46
Jon Douglas said:

Work capacity, I guess. Adding reps/time at this stage is hard to rush and the masteries are brutal. Second is strength, because obviously I'm not performing the hardest elements. Mobility isn't a struggle for me, for whatever reason.

What do you mean by work capacity? Having the energy?

Jon Douglas
LateStarter@46 said:

What do you mean by work capacity? Having the energy?

I mean str/str-endurance really. I never would have thought sets of 5 could feel so long.

Alessandro Mainente

The real fact is that a person that were strong like me, does not have any idea of what mobility is. and that's the price to pay!

hype

I guess no one started ring series then?

Salivanth
hype said:

I guess no one started ring series then?

If you check the forum listings, you can see there's some activity in R1, even though you can't see the actual posts. I assume from that a few people have started Rings One, because F4 isn't an absolute prerequisite for R1. It's recommended, but F2 is the absolute minimum. R2 has F4 and R1 as an absolute requirement.

Alan Tseng
Salivanth said:

If you check the forum listings, you can see there's some activity in R1, even though you can't see the actual posts. I assume from that a few people have started Rings One, because F4 isn't an absolute prerequisite for R1. It's recommended, but F2 is the absolute minimum. R2 has F4 and R1 as an absolute requirement.

I have R1, and the all activity there is from people that had curiosities about R1.  So no topics there have been created by people that have started R1.  Actually, F4 is the absolute prerequisite for R1.  F2 is the absolute minimum to play (there's a difference between playing and training) with exercises in R1.  People who have finished F2 and played R1, ended up deciding that their time is better spent finishing Foundation before starting Rings series.

Jon Douglas

Well I started r1, and quickly found I was compromising progress all round. Again the difference between completing the workouts and being strong enough to benefit fully.

I'm not strong enough for focused rings training yet, although I can work a fair ways into R1. Other people might be post-F2, but not me. Gonna need closer to the whole F series done for me I think...

Mats Trane
alan tseng said:

People who have finished F2 and played R1, ended up deciding that their time is better spent finishing Foundation before starting Rings series.

True for me!

BMJD

With regards to rings training, I'm only maintaining my ring HS, it took me a long time to learn the balance that I'm afraid that I might lose it if I don't practice it. So far there have been no elbow issues (close to year for practising ring HS). F4 is definitely the bare minimum (actually F4.5, when you think about the warm up....). If it wasn't for my ring HS, probably wouldn't touch R1 until F4 was completed.