Adult Gymnastics

Started by GymLilly, June 24, 2014 · 1 Replies · 2,258 Views

GymLilly

When I was about 14 or 15 I did gymnastics for around a year. It was at a leisure centre so there was no levels just like skills to get badges. When I was 16 I was too old for the class so couldn't continue...

I know how to do the basic skills like forward rolls, backward rolls, handstands, cartwheels, backbends and bridges but I really want to learn back walkovers, front walkers, handstand rolls ect.

I have found an adult class that I am hoping yo go to a taster session of tonight. It is twice a week for 2 hours and I was just wondering how much I could hope to learn. If I sign up I will have a years membership so I will be having classes for at least a year. I have been to,d that it is up to me what skills I learn but I do to really know all the specific ones just that I'd like to gradually learn things like younger gymnasts may. Does anyone know which skills I should ask to be taught at the beginning of my classes??

post-14200-0-53705400-1403614613_thumb.j

Blairbob

Basic bar skills if you care like pullover, hip circles besides casts and swings.

Basic floor skills would be basic rolls and roll to handstand and out of, cartwheels, round off, limbers, handsprings, and then saltos.

Running at a big thing that looks like a tongue and catapulting yourself over it.

 

Beam is basically floor on a 4" beam that isn't sprung. So all your floor skills including not falling off.

Climbing rope and press handstands.