I know some of you have seen this by now, a facebook comment by Ido Portal a few hours ago:
"I've written before on the Iron Cross. Short story: did it myself, taught it to others. Paid the price, so did others. Realized it is not a health promoting element, to say the least. Looked at the anatomy behind it - didnt like what I have seen as well. Eliminated it from my practice and from the practice of my students. I do not believe it is worth the risks and degradation of the shoulder capsule and glenohumeral joint as seen by a very high percentage of shoulder surgeries of elite level gymnasts in general and ring specialists specifically. Some can stay healthy on a diet of crosses, most will not. Other elements I am not fond of from similar reasons: inlocate/dislocate, maltese, various high impact swings and giants on the rings."
source: https://www.facebook.com/portal.ido
I'm not sure what to make of it. Of course, many of us look up to Ido so would like to hear your thoughts...comments...remarks...