I am currently a personal trainer. I did some summer gymnastic programs as a kid but nothing even close to an elite level. I have been doing crossfit for about 10 months but I am starting to notice many flaws in the programming, especially when it comes to gymnastics. I am 29, I'm in pretty good shape but I want self dominance and total body control. I am thinking about starting with foundation one. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? thanks in advance
Starting from Scratch
Started by Aaron East, June 9, 2014 · 4 Replies · 1,987 Views
The best decision is to go right ahead and get going.
You'll learn different things as you progress. The forum is there to answer any questions you might have.
Some exercises are a lot harder than first meets the eye. Others are relatively manageable for a strong athlete such as yourself.
Ditto what Atticus said.
The biggest lesson you will learn is being patient, otherwise you suffer the consequences of injuries which in turn sets you back in your progress.
I have been on some elements of Foundation for almost 8 months now and it looks like I will be on them for at least a few more.
Learning to put my ego aside has been the best thing for me in terms of my training. Now I just focus every session on first things first.
To get a good idea about Coach's philosophy vs the Crossfit approach, you'll want to check out the last podcast he did:
First piece of advice: get started now. Don't wait.
Second piece of advice: put in as much work into each element as it needs to be completely mastered.