Should you wait with the dislocate part as long as you can, or go to arms straight up, dislocate, and down? Because with my current width i can go around without dislocating at all, at least that is how it feels.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Dislocates: transition between shoulder flexion to shoulder extension [HOW TO]?
Started by Nino Begovic, June 3, 2014 · 29 Replies · 1,900 Views
Thanks Adriano. You have inspired me to be more precise and patient with each exercise. It's the great thing about this community. We get to help others in ways we did not expect.
As your flexibility improves and you go narrower, it will become more of an up, rotate, lower in three steps. You *can* just fling it over, but this is a terrible ideaShaolintobbe said:Should you wait with the dislocate part as long as you can, or go to arms straight up, dislocate, and down? Because with my current width i can go around without dislocating at all, at least that is how it feels.
The weight getting heavier dictates the controlled pace of lifting and lowering-- its plain hard to move it fast at arms length for one thing, and for another it feels very easy to destroy your shoulders if you lose control or tension at the wrong point ![]()
They have never caused me any issues other than a touch of elbow irritation that disappeared when I dropped it to 2-3* a week, and I've hit these quite aggressively in the past year, so I don't mean to make them sound particularly dangerous provided you use your head with progression ![]()
Great advice in this thread.
I've noticed that back-to-front is much less comfortable than front to back. Any thoughts on what makes that reverse motion harder (at least for me) or what I need to focus on to get that movement to feel as smooth as front-to-back?
Some great help here with dislocates. My problem is not to mobile my shoulders to get the bar overhead, but, when I approach my gluteus with the bar my right hand has trouble staying on the bar and wants to grip just with my thumb. Is that on external rotation problem or forearm/bicep length problem?