Foundations course... where to start?

Started by andydgh, June 3, 2014 · 7 Replies · 12,078 Views

andydgh

I was thinking about purchasing the foundations courses but not sure where to start... as in do I really need to start from the beginning.

 

I can already do pistol squats no problem and rope climbs with no legs.

I've held a back lever for about 5-6 at one point (although it was pretty crappy looking)

Can currently do a FL tuck (flat back) for about 20-25 seconds.

 

 

So my question is where shoud I start on the foundation courses... I guess if I start with one and its to easy I could use the money back guarantee and go up a level but would rather not go through that hassle.

 

Also, what is the time commitment for these workouts? Day per week and hours per day?

 

Adriano Augusto

No, it's not easy at all. And even if is easy, you've to prove it doing mastery sets for all the exercises before go to F2.

 

Time commitment 45' to an hour, no much more. You can choose differents training schemes depends on your capacity, going from 3 to 5 days a week. 

 

F1 seems really easy exercise, until you do them under the schemes of mastery. 

 

Cheers!

Joshua Slocum

Given your description of your general strength level, Foundation 1 is probably right for you.

andydgh
Joshua Slocum said:

Given your description of your general strength level, Foundation 1 is probably right for you.

Really? I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything... I realize how incredibly hard gymnastic strength is... espcially at my size of 6' 1" and 210 pounds.

But with the abilities I listed if level one is good for me then where does someone who has no training experience at all start???

 

One other question... I saw no means of emailing GB directly so I will ask here... I would like to try this out before I do a full commitment. Meaning if I start at level one to try it out and decide I like the whole training structure and everything.... Is there anyway I can have that initial purchase price deducted from but the full foundation course?

So what I am asking is if I buy #1 for $80 and decide I like it and want them all can I later get the full series for $195?

dritar

Foundation is incredibly precise at finding your weaknesses.

 

With your strength you'll probably go through some elements faster when compared to someone who is untrained. Keep in mind that it's not just about strength, it also has a significant mobility component and particularly for F1 a conditioning component.

Joshua Slocum
andydgh said:

Really? I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything... I realize how incredibly hard gymnastic strength is... espcially at my size of 6' 1" and 210 pounds.

But with the abilities I listed if level one is good for me then where does someone who has no training experience at all start???

Foundation is not about jumping ahead to the most difficult movement you're capable of. It's about systematically identifying and eliminating weaknesses. The most difficult move you're capable of is irrelevant when determining where to start: heck, I started with a maltese and found several areas in Foundation 1 that I still needed to work on. Everyone should begin by testing themselves on the first exercises of Foundation 1. If you can demonstrate that you're strong enough to perform a movement and its paired mobility drill to the course's standards, then you move on to the next exercise/mobility pair.

 

One other question... I saw no means of emailing GB directly so I will ask here... I would like to try this out before I do a full commitment. Meaning if I start at level one to try it out and decide I like the whole training structure and everything.... Is there anyway I can have that initial purchase price deducted from but the full foundation course?

So what I am asking is if I buy #1 for $80 and decide I like it and want them all can I later get the full series for $195?

 

 

In my experience, the GB staff has been quite accommodating of this sort of arrangement. PM Cory Fair and ask him to double check, but I imagine it'll be fine.

Coach Sommer

... Foundation is not about jumping ahead to the most difficult movement you're capable of. It's about systematically identifying and eliminating weaknesses. The most difficult move you're capable of is irrelevant when determining where to start: heck, I started with a maltese and found several areas in Foundation 1 that I still needed to work on ...

- Very well said.

 

- Admin should be contacted via the tech support forum.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

andydgh

Well, I bought foundation 1.

Looking forward to starting!