This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planche form: Rounded upper back or not?

Started by Shaolintobbe, June 2, 2014 · 7 Replies · 318 Views

Shaolintobbe

Hi, I have a question, should you strive to have a completely flat back and protracted, or rounded upper back and protracted?

 

 

And does the same apply to planche lean also?

 

Should you at all think about how the upper back looks like, or is the only thing to consider protracted, depressed and PPT?

Murray Truelove

Definitely protracted and depressed on the leans. Record yourself and compare it to the video, if still unsure post a link here for feedback.

dritar

Hello,

 

As I understand the course notes as you protract and depress your scapulae your upper back will be in the correct round shape. I don't think you have to purposefully round your upper back, i.e., it's a consequence of protracting and depressing which should be the focus.

Alessandro Mainente
dritar said:

Hello,

 

As I understand the course notes as you protract and depress your scapulae your upper back will be in the correct round shape. I don't think you have to purposefully round your upper back, i.e., it's a consequence of protracting and depressing which should be the focus.

that's a good point!

it's not a news that people try to round their back assuming a cifotic posture while the correct muscles are not activated.

RJS

there is a video on this forum of the 3 types of styles people commonly do; too much, too little, just right. Sorry i dont remember where, does anyone else remember? One of us made it. 

Keilani Gutierrez
RJS said:

there is a video on this forum of the 3 types of styles people commonly do; too much, too little, just right. Sorry i dont remember where, does anyone else remember? One of us made it. 

I think you mean Adriano, right? 

Shaolintobbe

Ok, thank you all, so something in between the two extremes.