Another Newbie

Started by Erik Sjolin, May 20, 2009 · 3 Replies · 2,528 Views

Erik Sjolin

Hey everyone, I'm a newcomer relatively new to gymnastics, but incredibly interested and excited about starting out. I had a few questions though about how to start off; would it be a good idea to search out a training facility, or just start work at home? Are there any threads that could give me advice for progressions, even just to strengthen towards the first stage? My technique is sadly lacking, as well as my strength/flexibility in certain areas of my body, wrists especially (it makes the planche progressions particularily difficult and painful).

My body schematics are height; 6' 6", weight; 169 lbs, age 19 yrs. No hope for competition, but no reason to deny myself training in a great sport. Thanks everyone, and any help is greatly appreciated.

Erik

Erik Sjolin

(aslo, I apologize if I wasn't quite as succint as I could have been. Sorry.)

Blairbob

Skillwork would be best done in a proper gym but many and most of the conditioning elements can be learned through the GB program at home.

NickD

wow 6' 6". I would pay to see you do a planche.