This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090518

Started by Coach Sommer, May 18, 2009 · 4 Replies · 903 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090518.jpg

Perform the following:

3x5 Heavy Weighted Deck Squats

3x5 Negative Half GHR

Finish the workout with 3x10 Hip Extensions..

notes:

1) Add enough weight to the Deck Squats that they are quite challenging for the 3-5 reps.

2) Perform the negative Half GHR (BtGB, pg 165) as slowly as possible; taking up to 10-20 seconds to descend through the full ROM. If necessary, lightly use your arms to maintain the tempo of the descent.

3) As noted in the essay referenced above, the first set of hip extensions is forward, the second is sideward and the third is circular.

Nobodystopsdblob

ran a few times last week instead to avoid any direct work on my forearm to allow it to rest some. After today I will see if all is well.

Perform the following: yesterday

3x5 Heavy Weighted Deck Squats first set with one 25lb and one 30lb dumbbell by mistake. 40lbs next two. sets broken

3x5 Negative Half GHR 20 count (more or less) lowered on thumb after about halfway on most sets.

Finish the workout with 3x10 Hip Extensions.

heinrich

Unfortunately I'm having trouble with my forearms, too :(

I guess it's overuse: too much support work and tight gripping and squeezing the PB and pull up bar

That's why I did this one today:

3x5 negative SLS - deck

3x4 single leg Arch ups

finished with 3x10 hip extensions

Nobodystopsdblob

Mine started 2 or 3 weeks ago when I decided to try some rolls for the first time on the rings. They were tiring and since then I never fully recovered and just kept at it. I feel better at a full weeks rest, hopefully it does not rear its head again.

heinrich

Mine started about 3 weeks ago and got very heavy last week.

I don't have any problems while being in action but they were nearly cramping when I let go of the bar, rings etc.

And they were tensed all day long. A lot of stretching and massaging helped but I'm not back on track yet.