All day free, how much can i excersice?
Started by bocean, May 18, 2014 · 6 Replies · 2,464 Views
During summer like right now, I stay ALL day in the park lol .. I begin workouts hardcore (real reps and sets), then take a little break, eat, and then I go back there and freestyle.. Just have fun, try new moves and stuff.
hype said:During summer like right now, I stay ALL day in the park lol .. I begin workouts hardcore (real reps and sets), then take a little break, eat, and then I go back there and freestyle.. Just have fun, try new moves and stuff.
Pretty much this. Once you start training all day it becomes pretty impossible to schedule specific workouts and stick to them. As long as you make sure you're training everything you're supposed to be training, I say just have fun with it.
There's play, and then there's training. the 2 are not mutually exclusive. Just remember that you only need train an hour or so a day for strength. beyond that and you get diminishing returns and higher risk of burnout and plateauing. Have fun and play, but recover well. If you're young this may not be an issue for you. Skill work needs lots of time and is not as exhausting, so do your strength, and then work on skill work and play. It will help your work capacity, but again, keep in mind recovery is needed to see the progress from your training realized.
Sweet thx! How many reps do you recommend for a beginner? upper range 15-25 or lower 5-8? (thinking of the tendons and ligaments who adapt slower then the muscles)
High rep stuff is generally easier on your connective tissue, which is important when you're first starting out. Focus on building strength-endurance.
Take a long warm up and stretch a lot. Try to avoid inconsistent training during the week and over-training on the weekends which is a likely recipe for injury and soreness. Although strength training does not require a big time investment, stretching and technique based skills do so setup a camera and see if your moves look their best.