I have been a proud Crossfitter for about four years now and I recently have started going to some high level competitions. My Crossfit gym sent a team to regionals this year and I missed being on that team by one spot. Not only do I desire to be on the team next year but I want to be the best athlete in my gym. I came across gymnastic bodies from listening to Coach Sommer on barbellshugged. He particularly got me interested when he talked about how crossfitters are making the games and regionals but also qualifying for nationals in weightlifting and how anyone who is ready to get their act together and address gymnastic strength will be miles ahead of other athletes, I want to get my act together. I just graduated high school and my biggest dream is to make it to the games and I'm 100% ready to put the work in.
But as far gymnastic goes my knowledge only goes as far as crossfit gymnastic which after listening to Coach Sommer I know is very very little knowledge. So i ask from people who clearly have more experience and knowledge then I do where should I start? and what book(s) will best prepare me to dominate my gym?
I am also limited to what an average crossfit gym would have for equipment so would I need any specail equipment for let's say foundations one?