Just about to make the jump... one more question regarding necessity of stall bars

Started by Helgi, May 9, 2014 · 2 Replies · 2,925 Views

Helgi

Hi everyone,

 

a short backstory: 18 months ago I was almost 100 kgs and couldn't have done 5 pushups or a pull up to save my life.

 

I decided to do something about it. Started off by losing 15 kgs through diet and then started working out. I did so in a boot camp+strength&conditioning style group training gym.

 

I recently moved countries and switched to bodyweight only and found out that my foundations were sorely lacking so I decided I needed to fix that which lead me to this website.

 

I'm basically decided that I will start working on the foundations 1 program once I have the money for it but had a question on stall bars.

 

Are they absolutely required? I work out in a nearby park with this type of equipment:

 

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/p720x720/1621994_688362977891495_8870324504777869066_n.jpg

 

I have rings that I can hang on the pull up bars but I haven't found anything that can work as stall bars.

 

I know I can build a set of my own but I am on a very tight budget these days and spending money on the course itself is basically all I can afford for now.

Rayne-William

Going off of what I have read on the public forums, stall bars aren't really needed until Foundation2. However there are things you can use to instead of stall bars. You will find more information on that subject in the private forums once you purchase the course.

 

Keep up the hardwork.

NoHiddenCosts
GoldenEagle said:

Going off of what I have read on the public forums, stall bars aren't really needed until Foundation2.

They are actually rather necessary for several elements in at least one progression in F1, but you can get through a solid 90% of F1 without them.