Foundation or not?

Started by naornaor12345, May 8, 2014 · 17 Replies · 3,868 Views

naornaor12345

Hey, i'm new in the gymnastic's things but i have some history with street-workout and gym

Should i start the foundation program? i can go only for the end of foundation 2 so will it help?

 

what should i do after that?

Joshua Slocum

If you have an interest in working towards high level bodyweight strength training, I would definitely recommend starting the Foundation program.

 

I'm curious as to why you'd only want to go halfway through and then stop, though. Sure, it'd help to do F1 and F2, but F3 and F4 is where you really get to sink your teeth into the flashier and more fun movements. 

naornaor12345
Joshua Slocum said:

If you have an interest in working towards high level bodyweight strength training, I would definitely recommend starting the Foundation program.

 

I'm curious as to why you'd only want to go halfway through and then stop, though. Sure, it'd help to do F1 and F2, but F3 and F4 is where you really get to sink your teeth into the flashier and more fun movements. 

My friend have the F1 and F2 so that what i can do..

I would buy the F3 and F4 but for that i need money..

Joshua Slocum
naornaor12345 said:

My friend have the F1 and F2 so that what i can do..

I would buy the F3 and F4 but for that i need money..

Ah, I see. Well, you'll certainly gain a whole lot from finishing F1 and F2, and that will most likely occupy your time for a year or two. I'd recommend it.

naornaor12345
Joshua Slocum said:

Ah, I see. Well, you'll certainly gain a whole lot from finishing F1 and F2, and that will most likely occupy your time for a year or two. I'd recommend it.

I don't think it will take me one or two years to master F1 and F2 because i can hold FL BL and SL for a few seconds and planche for 1 or 2 seconds..

So i think it won't take me so long... What do you think i should do after that?

Jukkaboy
Joshua Slocum said:

Ah, I see. Well, you'll certainly gain a whole lot from finishing F1 and F2, and that will most likely occupy your time for a year or two. I'd recommend it.

A year or two? really...I don't think I'll be done with the F2 after 2 years :P 

Joshua Slocum
naornaor12345 said:

I don't think it will take me one or two years to master F1 and F2 because i can hold FL BL and SL for a few seconds and planche for 1 or 2 seconds..

So i think it won't take me so long... What do you think i should do after that?

 

F1 and F2 are largely about developing mobility and work capacity; maximal strength is not much help in completing the courses. 

naornaor12345
Joshua Slocum said:

F1 and F2 are largely about developing mobility and work capacity; maximal strength is not much help in completing the courses. 

Oh ok thank you!

Helander

Coach told us in the London seminar that the expected time to go through F1-F4 is two years MAX. If not, you're being lazy or doing something wrong.  :o

 

Depending on your levels to start with, of course. If you are a mummy who's first workout is to open the lid of your sarcophagi in the morning, it will probably take a lot longer.

Jukkaboy

WHAT?! 2 years? That sounds fast...

Jon Douglas

I can confidently see two years with no mobility issues. Add any time spent rehabbing/correcting major deficiencies to that-- progress picks up enormously once you stop cramping and creaking.

 

Most of our delays tend to be flexibility or activation issues-- your SL/PE1, your Mn/PE2, the first half of H1, etc. This fuddles the whole progression timeline.

Alexander Egebak

So, foundation takes 2 years on average for a healthy person, but manna is impossible for most people to achieve. How does that compute?

 

Also, straddle planche and side lever seems to be too difficult for the average person to learn in 2 years time, even on a party trick level.

 

Not that I am complaining if it is achieved within that time...

Coach Sommer

Who says manna is impossible for most people to achieve?!?  Certainly no one with experience in developing this skill.

 

75% of my students achieved a full horizontal manna and the rest were in between a Vsit and manna.

Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer

Helander
Coach Sommer said:

Who says manna is impossible for most people to achieve?!? 75% of my students achieved a full horizontal manna and the rest were in between a Vsit and manna.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I actually thought it would be impossible, but since you looked at my pike stretch at the seminar in January and bluntly said "This is good, we can make it into a manna" I've changed the way I see the whole Foundaton training. It's like a fire in my eyes  :icon_twisted:

Alexander Egebak
Coach Sommer said:

Who says manna is impossible for most people to achieve?!?  Certainly no one with experience in developing this skill.

 

75% of my students achieved a full horizontal manna and the rest were in between a Vsit and manna.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I got to that conclusion after reading several forum posts stating that manna might not be achieveable, but I am delighted to hear that they are wrong.

Coach Sommer
Freshpro said:

I got to that conclusion after reading several forum posts stating that manna might not be achieveable, but I am delighted to hear that they are wrong.

 

Hopefully those forums posts weren't from this forum!

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alessandro Mainente

I was thinking as you, the reality was different, my active shoulders strength was so poor as my shoulders flexibility. that's why manna is harder but possible for who persists on dedication and hard work.

Alexander Egebak

I myself am 6'2 so I really need to work for it.

 

Should get there one day though, if I really want it.