Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

coach sommer good nutrition and lifestyle article......

Edward Smith

Edward Smith

a link to the site is

http://www.honewatson.com/11/10/coach-s ... ymnastics/

coach do you think you'd be able to post the article here?

anyway i just thought i'd inquire about it, from the article it seems like you have your own knowledge of nutrition. I'm not trying to say your a nutrition expert or the likes but you seem to believe in organic food and low amounts of meat.

i just thought it a bit odd you haven't really spoken of your eating believes on this forum.

Ed

Coach Sommer

Not a Nutrition Expert

Why don't I discuss nutrition? That is because compared to Robb and Ido I have nothing to say! I am most definitely not an expert on nutrition. Robb Wolf and Ido Portal, however, are. Robb in particular has forgotten more about nutrition than I will ever know. That is why, wherever possible, in regards to nutrition I prefer for Robb and Ido to lead the discussions.

The link above already contains that particular essay in full. My personal philosophy is really quite simple; no sugar or processed foods - except for the occasional treat. Water is the best beverage. I greatly restrict my consumption of grains. Lots of vegetables, I find that I feel best if salad is my primary vegetable and I supplement this at meals with other more traditional vegetables. I prefer my vegetables lightly stir fried. I have several pieces of fruit throughout the day. I try to focus on eggs, chicken and fish. Beef is also a part of my diet, rib eye steaks are a particular favorite of mine, although I feel best if I limit my consumption of beef to around 2 times a week.

I have recently begun experimenting with Ido's recommendation of 5-9 "snacks" during the day, rather than full blown meals. I do find it interesting that this is how my children naturally eat; they far prefer to graze steadily throughout the day rather than sitting down to elaborate full meals.

Ido also mentioned that not eating until full would be difficult. This was an understatement on Ido's part. For me at least, there is something profoundly unnatural about only eating 1/4 of one of my wife's steaks :(. Both digestion and energy levels have improved however from following Ido's recommended pattern of "snacking". The difficulties have been psychological rather than physiological.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Edward Smith

Who is Ido?

please don't take the heading in a bad manner. This is probably more directed at Ido but if you want to or can answer it go for it. Ido your on (i'm not sure if you run the site) hacasa.co.il and your membership here makes it look like your a capoeira instructor but lots of your posts here make it appear like your a gymnastics instructor as well also coach says you know lots about nutrition. mainly with the nutrition are a nutritionist or have a degree or the likes in it or do you just have a good general knowledge.

thanks for any information shared,

Ed

Guest Ido Portal

I am a certified Capoeira Instructor from the Wingate institute.

I am a certified Trainer from the Ohalo institute.

I am a certified Nutrition Advisor from the Ohalo Institute.

In my facility I provide personal and group training services, capoeira classes, basic gymnastics and freestyle acrobatics classes for kids 3 year old up to adults over 60 year old.

I created Hacasa Performance Center here in Haifa- Israel 5 years ago, and I have been coaching and teaching for the last 13 years.

I've been involved with Gymnastics for the last 4 years and I'm thinking about getting certified in it also in the future.

Edward Smith

ido i hope you didn't take it in a disrespectful manner because that is not at all in the way i meant it.

• 3 weeks later...
Who is Ido?

Ido is a certified Bad-Ass! One of the most knowledgeable people I have ever known in the arena of strength & conditioning, nutrition etc.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.