title says everything... ![]()
How long did it take you to master F2?
Started by emmi-lee, May 3, 2014 · 9 Replies · 3,057 Views
it depends on the skills.
RC, HBP,FL,SLS,SL and MN very fast.
PL more then one year, especially the tuck PL (7 months).
Same. Aside from PL maybe 4-6 months.
(Jeez, I'm glad it's not just me with the planche
)
What about F1?
meras said:What about F1?
Pretty quick for me personally because the mobility requirements are much higher than the strength requirements at that level, and I'm quite mobile. Strong, tight people will probably find it takes the longest of the 4. I'd say at F2 str/mobility is about equally demanding, and past that (I find) the strength standards at each step are significantly harder than their paired mobility.
(YMMV widely on this. )
There's really not much point putting a timeframe on it though. However long it takes to work through, you're *constantly* getting stronger and more mobile for that time. And that's just *cool* ![]()
most of F1 isn't that difficult (with a few notable exceptions), the one thing I struggle with is the high rep low rest elements. What kind of background did you have that allowed you to test out of those elements quickly?
Almost there still have a couple of weeks with SLS/SE5>iM. Did not have a good place to train it.
meras said:most of F1 isn't that difficult (with a few notable exceptions), the one thing I struggle with is the high rep low rest elements. What kind of background did you have that allowed you to test out of those elements quickly?
Various Chinese boxing schools, BJJ, MMA. Set's not over when I'm suffering; set is over when Sifu says it's over ![]()
Addendum;
It's important to trust what you're doing, and for me this came about when I realised just how good Coach is at making someone strong almost in spite of themselves. Some of the things he had me doing at seminar surprised me, thinking they were either too easy or too advanced. I have no problem trusting his experience to get me where I want to go-- he's the pro trainer not me, and I haven't yet seen him unable to answer a single question-- and occasionally day-to-day that manifests as finding another rep or two simply because from his concrete experience, that should be doable this week (even if my estimation of my own abilities disagrees
). Subjectively there are any number of reasons you can't make that jump to the next weeks target, but in practise if you shut up and do the work you more often than not surprise yourself ![]()
Jon Douglas said:if you shut up and do the work you more often than not surprise yourself
So true!
I got to say, without foundation I wouldn't subject myself to so much pain and discomfort