Geting some muscle mass

Started by Josip24, May 2, 2014 · 10 Replies · 3,360 Views

Josip24

Can someone tell me how sholud look one plan of my daily meals(breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks)? I am trying to get some muscle mass for olmost one year and I am still at the same place( 71 kg ).I am eating when ever I can, sometimes seven times a day,eating when I am hungry and when I'm not hungry.

 

 

 

 

Duff

First you need to figure out how many calories you burn per day. 

 

Secondly, look at meals you regulary consume and find out how many calories they have. Add them up. You need to be eating more calories than you burn. That's the gist of it, once you have that down, you can and should search the nutrition forum for more details.

 

I can't tell you how your plan should look, I don't know the things you eat.

Josip24

How can I figure out how many calories do I burn??

I yust know that I need 2834 calories per day so I can grov normaly without body fat

Oompa2

Can I suggest you look outside of this forum for this advice?

 

Perhaps read some respectable articles, look at some credible studies, or better yet books?

 

Dr Bernardot has a great book on fuelling athletic performance called Advanced Sports Nutrition 2nd Edition, and is pretty much endorsed by the 'nutrition thread' community here at Gymnastic Bodies.

Rayne-William

Just eating won't make you gain muscle mass. Find out what your body type(Ectomorph, Mesomorph, or Endomorph) is first and then find information about how to train and gain mass for your body type.

 

The different body types require different training programs.

Kopavski

But you have to know that, by doing bodywheight exercises u wont gain so much mass as if you would go to gym and lift some serious weights... so its not just eat as much as you can ;)

Kage

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/calorie-control-guide
http://www.scrawnytobrawny.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/The-Ultimate-Muscle-Meal-Guide.pdf

Don't need to make it particularly hard. Try these eating strategies, then keep at it for 6 months. It's not gonna happen overnight so you need to have patience and not switch up your routine or eating habits all the time. In fact, stop reading advice altogether, it's just going to hinder your progress. Consistency is key. And sleep, get a lot of sleep to really stay anabolic (hormones and time for the body to rebuild).

hype

For someone VERY VERY light (110lbs), would adding a little bit of weightlifting along with foundation be acceptable for adding hypertrophy?

Also, if such person eats on a caloric surplu and works with foundation without weights, would he grow a little?

Learner

Can one use gymnastic exercises to build muscles(I don't mean as effective as muscle building program with weights, but can bodyweight exercises still make me build muscles just at a slower rate?)-exercises like pull ups,push ups,dips(variations,slow,explosive, static holds) and planche and front lever proggresion
Thank you guys

Jon Douglas

Yes, absolutely. Although the exercises you've listed will only take you so far before you need to up the stakes :) solid place to start though.

While it may be at a slower initial rate, I'd also venture the long term gains are potentially superior. Plus you get strength and leanness incorporated-- factors that aren't necessarily included in a focused weights based hypertrophy program but are part and parcel of GST.

For various reasons I've lost some muscle mass in the past two months, but my strength has maintained or improved in most areas despite training somewhat erratically. So the muscle and tissue adaptations I've made have stuck around pretty well despite being in an occasionally quite far from ideal training and recovery environment. When I've trained with weights and laid off, I've lost it substantially faster.

That last is anecdotal only, I don't know whether research supports :)