Treining with extra weight

Started by Josip24, April 27, 2014 · 1 Replies · 1,544 Views

Josip24

I have one question that bothers me!

 

I train calisthenics for 3 and a half months  and currently being progressing very slowly, too slowly

I can do 10 pull-ups, 25 push-ups, 20 dips,10 leg raises...Curently I am 6,4 feet tall and  have 71,5 kg and my goal is 85 kg but as I known for that I need some extra weigt.

 

And there is the problem.Six months ago, I went to the gym where I destroyed my lower back(The doctor told me it would be good for the lifetime of avoiding raising some big loads) and am litle bit scared to doo that becose I don‘t known how thath extra weight affect on my lower back when I doo push/ups,pull/ups,dips and squats.

 

And one more thing that bothers me is if I would train with that extra weight, I don‘t  kwon how meny reps should I do in one set, whit how much extra weight, would I need to rest more than usually and other things that goes whit that 

 

Many thanks in advance!  :)

Bipocni

25 pushups and 20 dips?  Really?

 

The extra weight shouldn't trouble your lower back too much.  If you can, share more details about your injury, because I'd like one of our resident physios to chime in on this.  But some advanced calisthenics can be really lower back intensive.  You may be okay to train it, you may not.

 

Don't worry about putting on extra weight if your goal is advanced calisthenics.  There are always further progressions, and the better you get the more you NEED to stay light.