Pre-existing injuries

Started by Steven McMahon, April 26, 2014 · 1 Replies · 1,435 Views

Steven McMahon

Hi guys, newbie here but have been training bodyweight exercises for a few months.  Weights seem to do nothing but get me injured.  

 

I have a L5/S1 pars fracture and my low back is pretty sensitive to flexion/extension in general.  How should I proceed with the exercises that require this type of movement?  I can tolerate a small range, but have previously had issues with reverse hyperextensions and the like.  I am very mindful of using proper form especially when doing these kinds of movements given my issues. 

 

I've also had a problem with tendonitis/tendonosis in my right forearm flexor, medial epicondyle pain.  Any tips for that?  I've seen an active release therapy provider several times, and am currently having some very slow success using eccentric exercises.  

 

Thanks for the help!

Damon Amato

I'd love an answer to this as well.  I'm 33 y/o with lumbar disc degeneration and I also have a lumbarized sacrum (so I have an L5/6 disc).  Wondering how this core work will improve or inhibit my ability to progress.