This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE12 form check

Started by EDM, April 26, 2014 · 4 Replies · 201 Views

EDM

I'm reposting this in a separate topic since probably nobody had seen it here:

 

 

PE12 is the last one between me and F3 (already mastered PE13&14). It's still quite hard and I could only do 4x3 at the first attempt.

 

 

I'm not yet sure about the form as I fell like I'm not keeping the arms wide enough and my elbows go a little bit forward maybe.

 

critiques welcome!

 

thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

Very nice, be sure to move the rings just near the shoulders not forward not backward.

i've seen you are from rome...i did the spartan race some hours ago!

EDM

Thanks for the advice Alex! So it will need some extra work to fix the position of the elbows...

 

By the way, I was actually supposed to do the spartan race as well, but eventually preferred to spend the easter vacation in Sicily with my family and friends....!

 

My friends from the gym should have gone and I'm curious to hear something about it, and if it was actually so challenging!

Gavin S

I have just started this element now and I was going to ask about the shoulder position. In the video the athlete moves slightly in front of his shoulders. Is it possible (or correct) to keep the arms in the same plane as the body?

EDM

my understanding is that the correct (and hardest) form is to keep arms on the same plane of the body. And for all the rom, I guess.

seems to me that keeping the arms forward makes the exercise a little bit easier.