I've been doing Crossfit now for about 3 months as a means of getting back into shape and I got a friend to start the program with me as we've both been complaining about being fat and out of shape. Although it's helped I'm not totally sold on everything about it and wanted to begin with this F1 & H1.
The problem I have is my friend. I'm worried that my buddy might stop with the schedule we've kept and lose motivation if I stop and I don't want that to happen. As it is now, I work my gym schedule around his time frames to keep him motivated and at it. He actually seems to be totally buying into the whole CF thing which I guess is good in that it may keep him working out. In the meanwhile I feel I should continue on with it for a few more months at the least keep him motivated.
I understand from other threads that the best practice is if I stopped other programs while doing this one to insure I don't over train but how bad of an idea would it be if I continued to do the CF thing for a few months while I started w/ F1/H1? Is it something that I should avoid at all costs and not consider starting yet? Would it not be that bad especially in the beginning? Is it doable with a little tweaking? I'd rather not put it off and although the CF thing is ok for general conditioning and getting me stronger than I am now, it's not really building any real strength as it doesn't spend enough time focusing specific things.
It's also not an option in trying to convince him to quite that and start this.