Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Advice on getting sponsors or financial aid for college teams

Dion Kardaris

Dion Kardaris

Hey, I've been keeping up with this forum for about 2 years, bought BtGB, and plan on purchasing more material when I'm not a broke collge student. I wasn't sure where to post this, so here we go.

I am a member of the San Jose State Gymnastics Club. We are in our first semester of operation and so far we have been doing pretty good. Our gym is down, so we have had to rent out California Sports Center, Race st. location, for club practices. This is fairly expensive, about $500 a month, so I was wondering if anyone has some advice for sponsors or other financial aid to help keep the club afloat. We do not receive money from the school for at least a year, and even then it is a fairly small stipend.

A little about who we are: We are a club devoted to gymnastics, plain and simple. Our members range from absolute beginners to NCAA gymnasts. Some of our members are gymnastics coaches (most work for California Sports Center, including myself). Despite being the "new kids on the block," we are a solid team. At our first meet at UC Davis, we placed second overall, and even took first place in Rings and Parallel Bars, a feat which I credit myself for partially, and Coach Sommer and Scott Burns for providing me with the tools to advance our men so quickly and effectively. We plan on continuing our winning streak, and we hope to eventually bring Men's Gymnastics back to SJSU. For such a talented and hard working group, I think it would be a terrible shame if we shut down due to lack of funds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for everything you have done for us so far.