This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

So Have Your Pants Size Go Up Since Foundation?

Started by Nash, April 20, 2014 · 31 Replies · 1,087 Views

Ronin168

also, another thing worth checking out is whether the paleo diet is working for you (at least it appears that you are on the paleo diet based on your prior comments).  some people seem to do well on the paleo diet.  i tried it for a year and felt absolutely horrible.  

thecolin
David Creekmore said:

 

 His statements on fructose are that it tends to get directly deposited as abdominal body fat, unless when we wake up and right after exercise when liver glycogen is low and needs to be replaced.

 

To be more specific fructose is a dose dependent hepatotoxin, that being, something that is processed directly and exclusively in the liver. The key there is dose dependant. Like alcohol, in smaller amounts it's fine, in excessive amount it's bad.

 

In my understanding it doesn't specifically contribute to abdominal fat any more than any other excess calorie. The problem is that in excess, due to the way it's processed in the body, it does contribute directly to developing extra fat directly in the liver.

 

I think people too often associate fructose directly with fruit. But the context of what macronutrients you eat is very important. And the fructose content of fruit is ironically not all that high. And it's always eaten in combination with other healthy nutrients and a good dose of fiber.

 

What you need to watch out for is an excess of sweeteners that generally pack a way larger hit of fructose than anything you'll find in fruit, without any of the other nutrients or fiber.

Washienko

I started Foundation when I had mono so I don't really count that weight.  Without trying (I was not fat) I have lost 17lb since January currently putting me at 5'10, 167lb with a 28.5" waist.

kdharani

My pant size went down. I had been squatting and deadlifting for a year where my pant size went from 30 to 34. After stopping lifting and doing F1, now I am back to around 32.

Ravn
kdharani said:

My pant size went down. I had been squatting and deadlifting for a year where my pant size went from 30 to 34. After stopping lifting and doing F1, now I am back to around 32.

So what you're really saying is that your pant size went up (since foundation)?

Iguanus

No, Ravn. The sequence was

30 -> lifting -> 34 -> foundation -> 32

So it was a miss

 

I was getting bigger on the chest and arms, but legs decreased sensibly. Things like 3-4 cm loss on thights and 1-2 cm on calves. But it just happened a month or so from now, so it could also be my diet. It's, however, a bit strange that upper body is triving in the same conditions lower-body is diminishing. Even weirder that, despite decreasing in size, it's getting stronger and more stable. Who knows...

Ravn
Iguanus said:

No, Ravn. The sequence was

30 -> lifting -> 34 -> foundation -> 32

So it was a miss

 

I was getting bigger on the chest and arms, but legs decreased sensibly. Things like 3-4 cm loss on thights and 1-2 cm on calves. But it just happened a month or so from now, so it could also be my diet. It's, however, a bit strange that upper body is triving in the same conditions lower-body is diminishing. Even weirder that, despite decreasing in size, it's getting stronger and more stable. Who knows...

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  Ok, erhmm, nevermind. Need to refresh my math.