Chain Gyms and Equipment

Started by lessonz, April 19, 2014 · 3 Replies · 1,651 Views

lessonz

I'm considering diving in, but equipment might be a pain point for me. I really wouldn't mind following any of the DIY for home stuff, but I have a bit of a commute and prefer to workout over my lunch hour. I called a local gym and the person I got didn't know what stall bars were (maybe I just got really unlucky). Anyone have any luck finding equipment at a chain gym? Based on googling, I'm not seeing any adult gymnastics in my area.

The Hansenator

In my experience, stall bars and climbing ropes are pretty hard to find. I've never actually seen a stall bar outside of pictures on the Internet. You don't really need them early on and my workouts so far have been quite productive without them.

Joshua Slocum

Try looking for a crossfit gym.

Joshua Slocum

Try looking for a crossfit gym. They will often have ropes and occasionally have stall bars.