Handstand series question

Started by hype, April 18, 2014 · 12 Replies · 2,781 Views

hype

Hi GB community,

So I'Ve read that handstand and foundation should be worked together.

 

However, I wanted to know if foundation can be completed without doing the handstand series?

Cause the handstands cost 100$ each and I won't be able to afford the foundation + handstand... 

Alessandro Mainente

No, to master foundation is needed a decent handstand 

El Chino

You can of course begin training F1 while you accumulate the funds to get H1. I'm sure many of those who have been financially challenged have done it this way. I know I did.

Sascha Faltinger

just wait till you have enough money to buy h1. 100% recommendation!

You wont get any better training advice elswhere, therefore its really cheap.

so gratefull to get such professional programming! outstanding!

hype
alex87 said:

No, to master foundation is needed a decent handstand

Alright, but what if I work handstand holds and HSPU on my own without the handstand series? I would not have mastered it according to coach standars, but I'd still have a decent handstand.

Would that be enough to complete foundation ?

Alessandro Mainente

You need to avoid bad form or acceptable form. The reason is that you will not obtain the same amount of benefits from an exercise. With that I mean both foundation for more advanced exercises and joint health. Handstand is primarily a wrist and shoulders health conditioning a ni other exercises substitute the mobility exercises of handstand. Acceptable form will progressively influence your progress over more difficult variation and courses. Since a solid floor hs is a must for advanced rings strength elements and for f3-f4 hbp elements. f series is the basis for gst is a good choice have high quality bases.

hype
alex87 said:

You need to avoid bad form or acceptable form. The reason is that you will not obtain the same amount of benefits from an exercise. With that I mean both foundation for more advanced exercises and joint health. Handstand is primarily a wrist and shoulders health conditioning a ni other exercises substitute the mobility exercises of handstand. Acceptable form will progressively influence your progress over more difficult variation and courses. Since a solid floor hs is a must for advanced rings strength elements and for f3-f4 hbp elements. f series is the basis for gst is a good choice have high quality bases.

I don'T really understand what you mean... For the form, I'm a SW trainee since about a year and half, and I have ALWAYS prioritize perfect form over everything else. I know how important it is, and trust me form is always my main focus. What you have to know is that I'm far from a beginner in calisthenics. I can already back lever, hold 30 second l-sits, do 25 pullups, 40 dips, 70 pushups perfect form, 7 bar muscle ups with no swing, etc. 

 

So I'll ask this again, if I work handstand holds and HSPU on my own without the handstand series, 

Would that be enough to complete foundation entirely, or are the handstand series required to finish it? I'm asking cause I read somewhere in this forum someone said that it's not possible to master all foundation without handstand.  

B1214N

Yes, if you achieve a good HS with your own training then you can complete Foundation with it. 

hype
B1214N said:

Yes, if you achieve a good HS with your own training then you can complete Foundation with it.

Okay thank you man :) I'll see anyways, if I can get the job I want this summer I'll have the money, if not then I'll be doing it on my own

Alessandro Mainente

In my opinion you can't.

Eric HARDOUIN

Come on, H1 is a reaI gift (I have it) but I think there's enough ressources everywhere for a convinced trainee to achieve a good handstand and have good shoulder mobility without "H1". If hype focuses on mobility (shoulder flexion) and perfect alignement (PPT), he can in my opintion fully benefit of F1 + F2 (wich I have also) for the least ...

If I were you I would just leave back lever and L-sit training until I have good handstand, hype ;)

 

Eric

hype

Okay, thanks for the tip ;)